Move photos to folders

map246

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to move photos that I have taken into separate folders?

Right now they are just sitting in the "Camera Shots" Album. I would like to be able to create several other albums (i.e. kids, family, friends, pets, etc) to easily access pictures instead of scrolling through 100's.

Thank you in advance.

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know this too or save pics to a different folder that I d/l from the internet or that a friend sent me via MMS.

JohnnyKat

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm an Android newbie and I don't know if this is the best way to move photos, but I downloaded ASTRO (a file manager) it allows you to access the files on your SD Card, including photos.
With this app you can move and rename photos!

jl82

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have to astrofile, i put all my pics into DCIM --> 100MEDIA --> Then all my subfolders, family, friends, etc etc. All the appropriate pics are in the appropriate folder, but when i go to gallery all the albums show is: Camera Shots, All Photos, All Videos, All Downloads, Sample Photo

Where are all my sub Folders???????????????????

jl82

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so i answered my own question. You need to take all the sub folders out of the dcim folder. I created an additional folder on the sd card in the same place as the DCIM folder, like the main screen called Media. In there i pasted all my sub folders. Done, worked, im happy now. now when i go to gallery, i have all my sub folders there, family, dog, sports, camera etc etc

mrgq1111

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
it didnt work, first, i created a new folder where all the folders are in the SDCARD, there is already a "media" folder, so i created a new folder in the same main place called "My Media", and placed all the folders that were inside the DCIM into the My Media folder and nothing shows up in Gallary......

mrgq1111

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
i pasted my sub folder inside DCIM, on the main location where all the folders are, in the media folder, and even created a new folder in the main SDCARD screen called My Media and still nothing. no matter where i place the stupid sub folder it will not find it..... i took another photo and went back to DCIM and its inside a "100MEDIA" folder so i pasted my sub folder inside tehre and its still wont show so im out of ideas.

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
i moved a bunch of pics in 3 different folders to the media folder..when i moved everything to my new 16gb a-data card later that day, the pic folders were out of the media folder and just in with all the other folders such as dcim; media; and so on. i haven't tried to save pics in particular folders yet thouge...did this help anyone at all?
sorry if it didn't

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
it doesn't matter what folders you create. pics will always be saved in the dcim folder. the only way to put pics in other folders is to move them by opening your sd card on the computer. file managers may be able to do this as well but i have not tried it. i have been dealing with moving certain pics to certain folders since i first got the G1 when it came out. kind of annoying because the sidekick was able to do this right on the phone.

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Any update? Damn you Android for being a pain in the ass in something so simple as saving or moving pics to another folder. I miss my HD2.

nilsca

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi

try "Ctrl Folder" - it let's you organize pictures into folders right from inside Gallery.

chart

Cheers
Nils

f_esteban_2002

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi people!

I just founded an app that allow EASILY to move photos and videos and create new albums in a few clics! You can also take your pics direct in the correct album! It suggests you current location as album name when you create a new album.

Download Foozer it from Google Play

Is there any way to move photos that I have taken into separate folders?

Right now they are just sitting in the "Camera Shots" Album. I would like to be able to create several other albums (i.e. kids, family, friends, pets, etc) to easily access pictures instead of scrolling through 100's.

Thank you in advance.

jaseb3

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Try quickpic from the market. I was able to transfer photos to any folder I wanted, even new ones in any location I wanted. Using an evo, of course. not my SGS2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

kingfishbc

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I second Foozer! I installed and uninstalled 4 of the highest reviewed photo apps, because NONE of them did what I wanted them to do: simply create, organize and manage photo albums. Foozer does exactly this and does it elegantly. I am not interested in cutifying photos on my GS3 (sorry for posting in the HTC forum, but there was precious little about Foozer in the hardware-specific forum); if I am going to edit photos, I'll do it on my computer where I have room to work, and I'll do it in Photoshop. I am surprised that Samsung and Android doesn't handle this basic operation in a much cleaner simpler way; my BlackBerry 9550 with its native software did it a whale of a lot better than these guys. With Foozer, I'm back in the simple business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781