Dropped EVO 4G - HELP

jrheuman

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my EVO 4G and it cracked the plastic surround and pushed the screen out a little. The phone still works fine, but I am really bumbed. Any ideas how to get fixed. I purchased at Sprint. I have the $7 coverage, but paying another $100 to get replaced really stinks. I know this is my fault.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
go back to the store and talk to them. tell them the truth and throw yourself on their mercy. maybe they can do something for you. you never know. good luck.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you're pretty SOL if the damage is that apparent. You're best bet would be to complain about some other hardware issue and see if they bite that as reason for the replacement. Pretend like you don't even care about the cosmetic damage.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
go back to the store and talk to them. tell them the truth and throw yourself on their mercy. maybe they can do something for you. you never know. good luck.

^this.

I dropped my iPhone the 2nd day I had it (and I'm normally SUPER anal about even scratching my gadgets), brought it back to Apple, told them I screwed up and just dropped it. Didn't have to sign paperwork or anything and I was out of there in <15mins with a new phone.

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Idk the extent of the damage but if of is only around the edge you may be able to cover it up with the body glove hard case. It's really nice Nd doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone. It pretty much covers up the outside edge of the phone about 3mm or so. It has a gray plastic grip on the back and a gloss black hard edge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjz-mRE0xnw

Last edited:

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I altered my innocase with a wrist strap hole up by the headset jack hole as I have had a hand strap for all my phones...worked great! Cant believe the evo as big and heavy as it is doesnt come with a hole for one...

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Both insurance options have pros and cons just like anything else. BB has no deductible but if you lose your phone or it is stolen which is more likely you are SOL.

Sprint has the deductible but it still works for lost or stolen phones.

As for all insurance....pick your poison.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I altered my innocase with a wrist strap hole up by the headset jack hole as I have had a hand strap for all my phones...worked great! Cant believe the evo as big and heavy as it is doesnt come with a hole for one...

how did you make the hole? small drillbit?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12