how the evo and fring caused and got me out of a ticket

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
so ive been trying for like an hour or 2 with my brother in law at home who just got my package i sent him with his new evo and he tells me hes speechless on how amazing a phone this is compared to his ipod touch or any phone in that manner and he didnt realize it was a video calling phone. so we tried qik and had no luck what so ever and drove to mcdonalds to get out of wifi and get myself something to eat since im staying up all night to study for a calc exam. nothing worked. as i leave mcdonalds, my old friend i havent talked to in a long time showed up on skype and almost left but i told her to get on as a favor and viola it worked with skype and pretty clear and little lag. so i jump in my car and continue to use the video calling. simply amazed, i was focused on my first video call then just my car, and forgot to turn on my headlights. at the light the police officer does a uturn and pulls me over and i showed my friend as i got pulled over by lifting the phone in front of me to view the rear view window, lol literally i was that amazed about video calling i kept holding it while being pulled over with no seatbelt or anything and showed him on my lap. lol. anyways, the police officer told me im being recorded and i said thats fine, but im not recording him and showed him my video chat with my friend on the phone waving hello to the police officer and he was impressed with my phone and asked about what phone it was then got back to business he asked me why he stopped me and it was my headlamps and i laughed, turned them on, and me and him both agreed i was focused on the video chat more then driving and continue to tell me that its not legal to have mobile video while driving but didnt tell me to object to it directly either(my POV) but i did turn it off to focus on him. he told me its a 3 point penalty and 153 dollar fine but hes gunna give me a break cause it was my first offense and also that it was my first time working with this phone but then... we go back into the phone conversation and i told him its the new sprint evo and asked me when are we getting 4g in the area , also he asked when i got it and told him i got it 6 days ago and they are selling like crazy and i seldomly use best phone ever made but told him im that confident in saying that. alot more conversation was about the phone and showed him the apps and he was intrigued and told him i know your gunna get alittle mad about this but i have a scanner app, police light app and other apps and he thought it was cool they have 30000 apps. anyways much more was in the conversation but lol my phone literally got me pulled over, got me out of a ticket AND i sold a phone in the same hour.

my story of the year:cool:

drnez

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Sounds pretty dumb to me. You're lucky you didn't hurt anyone with your recklace driving. Thats worse than the people who try to text while driving.

Rebelatheart

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I've been asking about this as well. It seems though, that every time I ask about it, my post is ignored, as yours seems to have been too.

To answer you and CEaton's question, yes, you can use fring to video chat with skype users. You first have to make a skype account (I did this by downloading the skype client for my pc, and registering), if you do not already have one. Then, you simply add your skype log in info to fring, and it will show you your list of skype friends, and if they are online/offline, etc. To chat, you just click on the friend, press the camcorder icon, and it will dial them.

Ive done it with my brother who was using his laptop to chat with me on my EVO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12