Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coolerkat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Handcent issue with lock screen

Ok I know this might go in the Android Application forum, but since its related to the lock screen I thought I would post here first. Is anyone who is using Handcent SMS app have the pop up notification set and when you receive a text it pops up over the lock screen and allows you to type and reply even though the phone is locked? I know there is a setting to Show popup over lock screen which I can turn off, but I want to be able to see the popup, I am just afraid if its in my pocket and i get a text message its going to start typing back even though the screen is supposed to be locked. Has anyone experienced this and have any solutions or work arounds?

It's a Handcent option, so go look in the settings. I turned that off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What option is that? Yeah you can turn off that it doesn't show over the lock screen, but then you don't get any notification that you got a SMS text message, so that doesn't solve the problem.

menu -> settings -> notification settings -> popup settings -> show when locked
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Xorbe, yes I know where that setting is, but if you turn it off then u don't get any notification of a text message if the screen is locked like the screen won 't come on for the notification. I want the pop up to come up but for me not to be able to push any buttons on it until I unlock the phone?

Can you actually unlock the phone with the handcent popup on the unlock screen?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes try it, it overrides the lock screen when the pop up comes up so you can begin typing even if its locked, so I dont think there is anyway around it. Its alright I did some test texts and i think i'm just going to leave the option off this way the screen does actually light up and the message goes in notification bar and then i have ot unlock to get to the pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks4life View Post
    I am just afraid if its in my pocket and i get a text message its going to start typing back even though the screen is supposed to be locked. Has anyone experienced this and have any solutions or work arounds?
    This is a capacitive screen, not resistive, so it will never be able to do anything by itself in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ommegasis View Post
    This is a capacitive screen, not resistive, so it will never be able to do anything by itself in your pocket.
    yep! so there really shouldnt be a issue
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

umm thats not true as last weekend I took it out of my pocket and it had started typing something already, so yes if the screen is on from getting a pop up u can accidently type something by pushing the screen by accident

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Did you put your hands in your pocket? Pretty hard to activate any key presses on a capacitive screen through clothes.

Default Re: Handcent issue with lock screen

handcent sms> click star in top left corner>application settings>uncheck the box saying "auto onscreen keyboard"
    Fetter likes this.