Better Battery Life the Rooted Way

nick8197

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Now First you need to Root the phone

either the Toast root method or the super easy unrevoked method unrevoked

Now Download from the Market AutoKiller and Overclock Widget

Now put the Overclock Widget on the Homescreen Click it then go to Advanced Setting

On "Screen On Freq Setting change it to

Min: 245000
Max:998400

Check Differ Freq Screen Off

Now

On "Screen Off Freq Setting

change

Min 245000
Max 245000

Then go down and check Supress Notification

Then Check Auto Start on Boot

and Save!!!

Now go to AutoKiller and Put in Custom Settings of

Hidden App 100
Content Provider 110
Empty App 120

and Apply

This has giving me WAY more battery life it pretty much uses none while the screen is off I unplugged my phone at 10 am and used it and at 2pm it barley went down!!

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
That widget doesn't do anything more than what the phone does on it's own... Like I thought yesterday BS on that widget... If I see a thread about it again I'm going to get suspicious of a troll..

What evidence do you have against the widget? I don't see why it wouldn't work.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I know the theories are that this is already done by HTC.....but you can't deny people (including myself) who have tried this and experienced little to no battery usage when the screen is off, even after 5+ hours.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
because we have monitored the cpu freq with System Panel app, and there is no change no matter whether you force it to min or max speeds.

bigblue4ever

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What evidence do you have against the widget? I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I know the theories are that this is already done by HTC.....but you can't deny people (including myself) who have tried this and experienced little to no battery usage when the screen is off, even after 5+ hours.

Read this post and install the app for yourself.. The phone scales on it's own..I'm not trying to come off as combative..sorry if it's sounding that way.. If this program works for you go for it. I don't see any benefit from it.. Just a little frustrated with battery life here. I don't run anything pulling gobs of data... gmail, exchange account, gtalk and the weather widget pulling every 3 hours.. been lucky to get through a full day yet.. signal strength is full bars (we have a booster at work) beginning to think I might have a bad battery..

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...life-huge-boost-rooted-evos-6.html#post156132

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae