New to Sense not to android questions...

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
So i have had an Android phone for a while, and i know my way around the vanilla UI and features pretty well... However, i have never had a phone with Sense (and so far LOOOOOVVVVEEE it).. I just have a few questions:

First, the mail widget that HTC provides works for only 1 inbox (even though when you are going through the selection for which widget you want the picture shows "all mail") and not a gmail account (from what i can see)... is there ANY way to get a consolidated inbox (IE.. all mail, even gmail, in one box)? I know Android doesnt do this by default, but i thought i read somewhere that Sense had this feature.

2nd.. Is there anyway to get the stock "contacts" app and dialer from stock 2.1? I think i prefer the stock over Sense in this case.

3rd... I know i have seen a way to disable the lockscreen, but is there a way to get it to turn on from sleep mode without hitting the power button (like maybe long press one of the soft buttons down below?

I think thats it for now and any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
1. A: Mail widget can only load/display one account at a time

2. A: (If your talking about the AOSP style dialer/contacts) Not that I know of (Pretty sure no.)

3. No, you must press the power button for the screen to turn on.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can place multiple mail shortcuts and they both show new mail indicators with number of unread messages. Just long press to add "shortcut" and then select mail inbox. It will show you options for mail accounts you already added. Just do multiple shortcuts.

Dialers can be found in market and around forums but i am sorry I don't have any direct links. Don't know about stock contact apps.

I don't think the soft buttons work with the screen off.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma