Vibrate on incoming texts??

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When my phone is on vibrate, only phone calls will vibrate. The text messages seem to just be on silent. Anyone else experience this?

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine actually vibrates twice which I really like! Keeps me from missing text. If you go into your message settings there is a setting for vibrate on incoming text messages. Make sure you have it checked

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine actually vibrates twice which I really like! Keeps me from missing text. If you go into your message settings there is a setting for vibrate on incoming text messages. Make sure you have it checked
I have checked that before. I pressed the menu button and pressed settings. Under the "received messages" portion, the check box for "Vibrate" is checked. Is there anywhere else to look?

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have checked that before. I pressed the menu button and pressed settings. Under the "received messages" portion, the check box for "Vibrate" is checked. Is there anywhere else to look?

Sorry not sure what else to tell you other than a factory reset Sorry :(

johnny--2k#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
All your contacts should be stored in your google account if you have one, the apps you downloaded will still show in the market under the "Download" section so you just have to reinstallt them. Settings unfortunately will be reset to factory defauly. Mine did that as well, a hard reset and I am good to go! Also, if you have texts that you need, copy them down by hand or something because those will be erased as well.

myxmastrmike

May 13, 2010
Visit site
WAIT!!
Dont do a factory reset...its not needed!
I had EXACTLY the same problem as you and found the fix elsewhere on the androidcentral forum...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/11289-vibrate-mode-no-vibe-txt.html#post92987

That should be a link right to the post in the thread you need to read.

I downloaded that app, did just as the person instructed, and boom, problem solved in about 1min. You dont even need to keep the app after you set the setting correctly, but I decided to just leave it installed JUST IN CASE lol.

You're welcome ;)

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
myxmastrmike, thanks so much for this - I think timerrific jacked up my vibrate mode...... I also have a sound widget installed which wasn't working correctly either...