Evo capping all graphics to 30FPS:The reason why graphics performance sucks right now

Torx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
theres a few games i can tell have stutter, BUT imma chalk it up to bad developer coding efficiency.

and lets be honest not every game is polished on the market.

i wonder if htc locked the FPS because... after a year we'll all be bored of this phone and everyone will be complaining its slow compared to the newer phones... THEN BAM!!! htc busts out the super firmware unlocking super fps and graphics potential, freshening up the phone like its a new device!

I can only think and wonder, lol

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Whatever. I don't do gaming on my phones, so I can care less if it's 30 fps or 60 fps. As long as the occasional Youtube video is smooth and the movie I watch on the plane is smooth, I'm good.

For those of you who must have the highest FPS capable phone, I guess this sucks for you, but not for me.

Perspective is a funny thing.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Whatever. I don't do gaming on my phones, so I can care less if it's 30 fps or 60 fps. As long as the occasional Youtube video is smooth and the movie I watch on the plane is smooth, I'm good.

For those of you who must have the highest FPS capable phone, I guess this sucks for you, but not for me.

Perspective is a funny thing.

yeah but i think the point is that this is effecting regular use of the phone as well, like smooth menu scrolling, homescreen switching, etc. not just games which obviously take the hardest hit.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Reading Thunder 2 lags on my evo but reviews say that the incredible runs it smoothly.

Well it lags when there's a lot going on in my screen.

maduhbee#AC

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Asphalt 5 runs smoother on the Pre than the EVO. My biggest thing is for the smoother 60 fps of animations including scrolling, opening apps, closing apps, just general UI animations. 60 FPS (iphone) compared to 30 FPS is a pretty big difference. Heck, Microsoft nailed it on their ZuneHD!

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. It will and always forever be a factor in choosing this phone over other Sprint Android phones. Officially, there will never be a fix from HTC/Sprint.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If i was reading this correctly the graphics cap doesn't affect anything other then gaming...

No its just the opposite. Gaming taxes the processor a lot where the fps wouldn't go over 30 fps much. But just using the phone regularly like home screen swipes, scrolling lists, all the general UI stuff is what takes the hit and looks poor. Cause these things on other phones like the nexus are hitting 50 fps. So really the cap effects the most commonly used functions.