Uptime=Awake time and android.process.media 97% CPU Time

qu1nn

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Uptime=Awake time and android.process.media (97%
I was having the AWAKE TIME = UPTIME issues, battled all day yesterday with it. My phone is unrooted, Per I post somewhere suggested to do a factory reset, so I did it last night....immediately pushed the power button to kill the display, let sit for a minute, and rechecked the battery....no change!!!! then I went to bed, same thing in the morning too!
Installed a couple of applications.....

as I write this email:
Settings>About Phone> Battery Information:
Up time =7h = Awake Time
30% Android System: CPU Total = 1min
Cell Standby: 29%, Time on: 1h, 23min Time Without Signal:9%
Phone Idle: 20%: 1h3min
Bluetooth: 14%, Time on 44min
Display: 20min

using system panel lite:
Temperature: 90F
android.process.media is having an average CPU consumption of 97%

what is this?
cant stop the task.

suggestions?

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Do you have SpareParts Installed on you're phone?

If not that is the first thing you should do. After the Install, go to Battery History and where it says "Other usage" tap it and select "Partial wake usage" it will show the apps that can cause you're phone not to sleep (100% wake time), if an app has a bar from half way to 100% (Covered in Blue), you need to force kill the app.

I read that the Calendar can cause 100% awake time, if you have the widget, remove it from you're homescreen. This morning SpareParts came in handy when once again I was at 100% awake time. I found from the app that Slacker Radio was the Culprit even though I closed it properly. I had to force closed the app and my phone was no longer at 100% awake time.