Does anyone have EVO's in stock...anywhere?

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I was reluctant to get an EVO and give up my Pre. I finally decided to try to have both.

So starting Friday morning (launch day), I started calling every Sprint, Radio Shack, and Best Buy in my suburbs.

There was not one EVO to be found anywhere.

The manager at the local Best Buy said that they had 60 EVO's on-hand to fulfill pre-orders on Friday. All were gone Friday. They got in about 30 more and still have 30 pre-orders to fill before they can get to the 50 rain checks. The inventory at other stores was about the same units sold and no Best Buy has any in stock and they are sold out online. She said that she could have sold another 50 a day if she had them in stock and that this is a far bigger demand than any iPhone.

1,100 Best Buys x 80 each plus online sales is 100,000 EVO's first week?

Radio Shack is completely sold out in all stores. A manager told me that they all got about 20-30 initially and about 10 more this week.

6,000 Radio Shacks x 30 = 180,000 EVO's first week?

The Corporate Sprint stores all seem to have gotten about 30-50 initially and 10 in reorders. The Sprint dealer stores got 20 + 10.

22,000 Sprint Stores x 35 + 800 number + online = 800,000 first week?

So a million EVO's first week?

Every store is out and seems to have a wait list of 10 - 40 right now.

Time to bite the bullet and call the Sprint 800 number?

jta04

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So close, yet so far

I found one in a Walmart, actually held it in my hand but couldn't buy it.

Earlier that day I called sprint and asked them to move my upgrade date up 3 weeks over chat. The rep said they could so off to Walmart I went.

Got all the way to the end of the process when the walmart clerk couldn't get my full upgrade processed. She called sprint and now they tell me I have to wait until the 19th of June to get the full upgrade. According to sprint they could only move it up about two weeks to June 19th.

Needless to say I was bummed and kind of annoyed with sprint for telling me one thing than actually doing another. Oh well, I guess I can wait 8 more days.

drnez

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Was just up at the sprint store buying a case and the clerk said they were sold out nationwide. That doesn't necessarily mean you wont find one, but I'd imagine its going to be pretty tough.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Keep watching sprint.com and bestbuy.com....

BestBuy.com actually had them back instock earlier, today, but out now again. They are getting more in day by day...

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
You may also want to check at Sam's Club. I got a second one there for my wife yesterday. They had steady stock since launch. Plus it was only $178.....

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Never would have thought of Sam's! My local WalMart has them. I was kind of shocked. I even took a pic with my EVO since I didn't believe my eyes :)

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have now called every Best Buy, Radio Shack, WalMart and Sprint store in my area.

I think I have called 35 stores.

Everyone on earth is sold out of EVO's.

So if you are one of the lucky ones who has an EVO, enjoy!

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The fact is that Android is hot hot HOT!!!!

Android Phones Selling Faster Than They Can Be Built

Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha revealed to Reuters today that the company’s Android-powered mobile devices are selling faster than they can be manufactured. Verizon has had similar experiences with the Droid Incredible from HTC, an Android phone whose biggest problem has been that demand outstrips current supply.

More Motorola devices, including several with front-facing cameras for video conferencing, are slated for release later this year. Sprint’s EVO, another video conferencing-capable Android (Android) handset, has been on sale for just a few days and is already sold out and breaking Sprint sales records, too.

Additionally LG, a company that had previously committed to releasing Windows Mobile handsets, has stated it will release 20 Android handsets this year alone.

I have some friends who are hardcore Apple fanboys who refuse to believe that Android is laying the hurt on iPhone. One said that the reason market share slipped to third was because people were waiting for iPhone 4 and that on June 24th, Apple will be back on top. I almost feel sorry for him. Current iPhone users who are still under its spell will just trade up to the current model, but I don't see as many (if any) people looking at the broad array of Android phones on different carriers and then deciding to shackle themselves to the one phone from one company with one app store on one carrier.

Tommy815

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you - was hesitant to give up the Pre, didn't think the Evo would be this sold out. What frustrates me the most is that every Sprint store or Radioshack in my area of Brooklyn seems to have employees with a fifth grade reading/writing level, and an all around lack of politeness. I'm reaching my limit on how many "huhhh?"s I can listen to from these people, instead of "excuse me?"s. Off topic, but having been calling almost as many stores as you, it's become a serious peeve of mine!

I'm on a waiting list at the nearest Sprint store, but I have no idea where on the list I am. Anyone know if they get shipments in on Saturdays?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine from Best Buy about an hour ago! I can't put this thing down! Im syncing with double twist right now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084