Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trouble with Rotation

Is anyone else having trouble getting the EvO to Rotate?
    No matter if i start vertical or horizontal all my apps, mostly text and internet, remain in portrait view. It is annoying that I can not get them to rotate into landscape mode.. I stand it up and lay it back down, no change.. I am running advanced task killer, but all of the automatic functions are turned off, and i only kill games manually. It is not stuck like that, it will occasionally work correctly... and there is nothing come on happening when it works or doesn't work.

Does anyone else have this problem, or have any tips on how to fix it? I have done a calibration in the settings section, and did not notice a difference...

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Menu > Settings > Sound and Display > Orientation... is checked, correct?

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Not every app supports landscape mode. For me it works fine, if the app supports it.

Maybe you should try what azkevman suggested?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Orientation was checked, I have it set to show all animations, ect. The Default messaging program defiantly supports landscape.
    It does not happen all the time, and it's not just the messaging app its all apps that do landscape. If I start in landscape and open the app or start in portrait and rotate the phone it's 50/50 chance if i actually get landscape mode, or back to portrait
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by studfuz View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the EvO to Rotate?
    No matter if i start vertical or horizontal all my apps, mostly text and internet, remain in portrait view. It is annoying that I can not get them to rotate into landscape mode.. I stand it up and lay it back down, no change.. I am running advanced task killer, but all of the automatic functions are turned off, and i only kill games manually. It is not stuck like that, it will occasionally work correctly... and there is nothing come on happening when it works or doesn't work.

Does anyone else have this problem, or have any tips on how to fix it? I have done a calibration in the settings section, and did not notice a difference...

Thanks in advance for any help!
    How did you do the calibration if you don't mind my asking? I've read here that some people actually held the phone up on a level surface when the idea is to just lay it down, say on a level table or desk.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I held it in my hands as if i was playing a game or using it landscape... When the bubbles were in the "level" indicators i saved it
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by studfuz View Post
    I held it in my hands as if i was playing a game or using it landscape... When the bubbles were in the "level" indicators i saved it
    Go ahead and re-calibrate, this time just put it on it's back on a flat level surface and hit calibrate, it will adjust itself and complete.

Then try to the rotation.
    studfuz likes this.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Menu > Settings > Sound and Display > Orientation... is checked, correct?
    Thanks my rotatioquit on me so I looked and found this thread . Didn't occur to me to look .
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

That Seemed to work Thanks!