Bottom buttons not working but touch screen is fine

celliott707

May 12, 2012
Visit site
i just replaced a cracked screen on my sprint evo 4g. i ordered new parts and put everything back together. the actual touch screen portion of the phone appears to work normally, but now the home, back, search and menu buttons simply acting as right and left swipes. (scrolls to the left or right) what can I do??:mad:

theroar

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Same issue... just shot a message to the ebay seller... if I find something out I will send it. I took it apart and put it back together hoping I missed a cable... no joy. =(

theroar

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Temporary solution... On a pc go to play.google.com and search for button savior. I installed it from there to my phone. On the phone was able to launch it the first time from the status bar at the top. Once there I set how it would be activated and now I am at least able to work the phone. Not sure if it is my favorite "virtual" button solution yet... There are several to try. At least this gets the phone back to being useful...

tetro84

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if any of you are still looking for an answer, but I found this thread when I had the same problem, so figured id update with my solution for anyone who might find it later!

I had the same issue and fought with it for a while before finding the the ribbon cable that is just above the battery was not quite in all the way. Once I repositioned it, the bottom buttons (and the speakers) started working. To clarify this is the big ribbon cable in the center that runs underneath the battery, not one of the three on the side of the screen.

Rebekah Lin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My phone dropped into a bucket of water. I managed to dry the motherboard and everything. The phone is working fine except for the bottom touch screen buttons. I am sure I didn't break the flex cable and I chance upon your reply on the loose cable. Could you clarify how it should be positioned? I am struggling to get it fix.

Pintea Mihaita

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks tetro84. Your solution worked for me too.
Although i did not see any disconnected cables, I unplugged them all and plugged them back in and this solved the buttons problem.

Thanks again.

tiwarisiddhant

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
My touchscreen for Nexus 4 is working however bottom buttons are unresponsive. Is there any permanent solution to this ?
Do i really need to get the digitizer changed ? Does downgrading the android from Lollipop to 4.4 work?

siemchar

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I entered the pass word but done button at the botton not working even after restoring the factory settings.
All other functions are ok

sri vamsi ram

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
back button touch failed

what should be done our back button touch failed suddenly...it is quite problematic....how are ribbon inside visible or how can we set them back

Sam Th

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
You may need to change your display as with most phones touch sensors control and display is one unit. If under warranty, get it replaced soon. If not, its an expensive affair. You may choose to download an app called Button Savior from play store for non rooted phones. Works just fine once you get a hang of it if you wish to avoid additional expenses.

Sam Th

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: back button touch failed

what should be done our back button touch failed suddenly...it is quite problematic....how are ribbon inside visible or how can we set them back

You may need to change your display as with most phones touch sensors control and display is one unit. If under warranty, get it replaced soon. If not, its an expensive affair. You may choose to download an app called Button Savior from play store for non rooted phones. Works just fine once you get a hang of it if you wish to avoid additional expenses.

Sirdick Omondi

May 11, 2016
Visit site
10000...% worked for me but BE CAREFUL

Turn your phone upside down. on the table with Screen touch face the TABLE. Elevate the phone a bit up from where the search,home and back buttons are located upto 20 Degrees up, THEN LEAVE it to Drop on the table slightly. You should not lift it HIGH cause that can cause damage on Touchscreen ONLY up sightly and LEAVE IT TO DROP on the table. Have fix 10 Devices with such same problem No Restore, No Flash just LIFT and DROP

OR

Knocking the Touchscreen (Not recommended)

Remove the Screen Protector on your Android device if present. Now, gently knock every corner of your touchscreen to realign it. Sometimes continuous phone drops cause screen digitizer cable to loses its connection to device motherboard however, its a rare case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance