Bottom buttons not working but touch screen is fine

Prashant Jadhav

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
My touchscreen for Nexus 4 is working however bottom buttons are unresponsive. Is there any permanent solution to this ?
Do i really need to get the digitizer changed ? Does downgrading the android from Lollipop to 4.4 work?

Same.probpem.with my nexus.
If u got the solution then please tell me.
[Phone number deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

keeper gaming

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
My phone dropped into a bucket of water. I managed to dry the motherboard and everything. The phone is working fine except for the bottom touch screen buttons. Do I need to replace it

GeorgeGr greek

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
10000...% worked for me but BE CAREFUL

Turn your phone upside down. on the table with Screen touch face the TABLE. Elevate the phone a bit up from where the search,home and back buttons are located upto 20 Degrees up, THEN LEAVE it to Drop on the table slightly. You should not lift it HIGH cause that can cause damage on Touchscreen ONLY up sightly and LEAVE IT TO DROP on the table. Have fix 10 Devices with such same problem No Restore, No Flash just LIFT and DROP

OR

Knocking the Touchscreen (Not recommended)

Remove the Screen Protector on your Android device if present. Now, gently knock every corner of your touchscreen to realign it. Sometimes continuous phone drops cause screen digitizer cable to loses its connection to device motherboard however, its a rare case.

Wtf ??? I thought the guy was kidding.
But I was very frustrated with this problem, and I try the drop 20 degree angle and holy **** !! It freakink work !!!
Thank you bro you save me one new digitizer .
But seriously how the fck did you came up with this solution??

Works 100%

sei0014

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
My phone dropped into a bucket of water. I managed to dry the motherboard and everything. The phone is working fine except for the bottom touch screen buttons. I am sure I didn't break the flex cable and I chance upon your reply on the loose cable. Could you clarify how it should be positioned? I am struggling to get it fix.
same problem T_T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey