1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default securityfix.apk

I just looked at my phone and saw this (securityfix.apk) in my notification bar. Has anyone seen this before? What is it? I've gotten ads in my notifications lately, so I'm super paranoid about things right now.
    I am rooted.CM7. Last stable release. :-)

I did search and google and found nothing clear. Forgive meif this has been answered before.
    TIA!
    -jala
    FL Orange/GA Peach....All natural, no artificial sweeteners.
    Android newbie w/ a techie swag. Freaked and hacked all my phones.....currently EVOlved.

ROM
    Backside IHO/Quattrimus

Default Re: securityfix.apk

I remember seeing someone post a thread on androidcentral about infected sites that try to get you to download a malicious apk file when they detect the user being on an android device. If you did not download it yourself, post it here and let someone take a look at it.
    DO NOT INSTALL IT.
    Thanked by:

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Ps4601 View Post
    I remember seeing someone post a thread on androidcentral about infected sites that try to get you to download a malicious apk file when they detect the user being on an android device. If you did not download it yourself, post it here and let someone take a look at it.
    DO NOT INSTALL IT.
    Where do I upload it??
    Last edited by HeatGuy; 07-17-2012 at 02:02 AM.

ROM

I'm an ***** and installed it. I unistalled 3 minutes after but I fear I may have compromised my phone. What can I do now? I still have the URL and the apk.
    Help!
    Below is the link... DO NOT OPEN, IT HASN'T BEEN CHECKED!!!!

http://supais.com/external/chido-mercancia/wp-content/themes/eGallery/epanel/page_templates/js/diablo-skinz

AGAIN, DON'T INSTALL, I HAVEN'T HAD IT CHECKED!
    Last edited by HeatGuy; 07-17-2012 at 02:00 AM.

ROM

CRAP!

Default Re: securityfix.apk

If it was in your notification area, it may be some form of airpush advertising, you may want to go download a app called AirPush Detector..when you open it , it will tell you any and all of the apps that you have downloaded that are using airpush....Otherwise, if your really worried about it, try downloading Avast Mobile Security app, (both airpush detector and Avast are free), it will scan everything on your phone for any known threats. Good luck.