how much data are you using?

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
the whole idea behind sprints bull#@$@ evo fee is that even if were not on 4g we will still use more data. so did anybody find any truth to this coming from another android phone or pre?

i cant test it myself yet. im still with waiting for my sprint store to be able to order the evo, then ill still have to wait for it to come in.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Well anytime you get a new device you are going to use and abuse it. I think simply because the larger screen and much faster browsing experience will compel me to use the evo more than my hero. Much less all the other crap I already installed like quik and the other social networking apps.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
When I'm not in a wifi zone... don't worry, I plan on tethering. This $10 fee is definitely going to get its use.

The sad thing is... my Pre used more data than my Evo does right now.
Because my Pre had WebOS... talk about pulling a lot of stuff from the web.

I would get like 500,000 MB to 2 gigs on my Pre... cause I surfed a lot on the Pre.
The Evo... in 6 days, I've used 30,000 MB... Not bad, but could use more.
Then again, it's summer... No need to use my phone when I have my laptop right here.

mugen

May 25, 2010
Visit site
got my phone the first day. so far.

Anytime mins 44/ 450 70%

Text 132/ Unlimited

Sprint Data 139,557KB/ Unlimited

kellte2

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Data - 06/04 to current
605,603KB/ Unlimited

Text - 06/04 to current
751/ Unlimited

(treating it like BBM. Thank god for unlimited texts)

Nageki

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have almost hit 1GB and I am not even in a 4G area. By comparison I hardly ever exceeded 100MB on my Pre because it just wasn't as easy to browse the web and what not. Not to mention Youtube HQ probably eats a ton of data.

RikusHaven

May 12, 2010
Visit site
50,872KB. I need to use more of it! >.< I just can't seem too though. But I will! From tether to streaming, I will use as much data as I can. On a plus side, that is soooooo much more then what I used on my Blackberry Curve. Gah.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
the whole idea behind sprints bull#@$@ evo fee is that even if were not on 4g we will still use more data. so did anybody find any truth to this coming from another android phone or pre?

i cant test it myself yet. im still with waiting for my sprint store to be able to order the evo, then ill still have to wait for it to come in.

well, I have wifi at work and use it at home. 3f/4g wireless data is approximately 300mb/week which isn't too much. However, i've been using my phone ALOT more than I did before... just mostly wifi.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
When I'm not in a wifi zone... don't worry, I plan on tethering. This $10 fee is definitely going to get its use.

The sad thing is... my Pre used more data than my Evo does right now.
Because my Pre had WebOS... talk about pulling a lot of stuff from the web.

I would get like 500,000 MB to 2 gigs on my Pre... cause I surfed a lot on the Pre.
The Evo... in 6 days, I've used 30,000 MB... Not bad, but could use more.
Then again, it's summer... No need to use my phone when I have my laptop right here.

Methinks you are using MB instead of KB. 500,000 MB = roughly 500 GB

If that is so, I would say you are getting your $10 worth ;)

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I've used over a gig already. I tether from my phone and because Sprint is charging that $10, I'm going out of my way to use a ton of data. I've been streaming netflix movies via tethering on my phone and don't even have 4g in my city!

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought my data usage with the Pre was high, around 2-5GBs a month. With this single week with the EVO, I've used over 1GB already.

But even before checking my data usage with the EVO, I already knew it was substantially higher than the Pre: I haven't touched my laptop or netbook at home ever since. :)

I'm even thinking of selling the netbook for a 18mm-300mm lens for my Nikon...

Vegasden

May 13, 2010
vegasden.net
I had read somewhere that the data usage you're seeing is for the 3G network...that they aren't tracking 4G use. Looking at my usage, I think this bears out as I stream Pandora and MLB At Bat at work 7 hours on 4G...my account shows my data usage is less than 400,000KB. I only use 3G for Pandora streaming driving to and from work as 4G is still spotty and raises havoc with Pandora.

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
got mine launch day(that night) and have used 14.5MB. Im usually around wifi if playing with it, if not im in 1xrtt with a whopping ~100kbps speed so I lose interest trying to use the network to browse real quick at those speeds. did just use pandora for a 20 minute drive and dl a few songs on imusic so maybe tomorrow Ill show 30mb or so...

anon(26564)

May 25, 2010
Visit site
On Topic:
Sprint Data - 06/04 to current
Used 666,809KB/ Unlimited

...a bit skewed seeing as how I was looking for stuff to download when I finally found a 3'x3' section of downtown houston that works with 4g. :(

Off Topic:
Methinks you are using MB instead of KB. 500,000 MB = roughly 500 GB

If that is so, I would say you are getting your $10 worth ;)

I sooooo planned on trying to use 500gb...but 4g drops when I get around the corner from my house. Literally around the corner. I could throw a baseball and hit my house. It goes from 2mbps down to no signal in the span of like 30 feet.

Also drops as soon as I'm a few feet of my office. If I sit outside the building on the curb I get a 4g signal (haven't done a speed test). If I get within arms reach of the door...bam. Gone.

Kind of funny actually. Like someone f'ing with me and flipping the 4g switch in the places I'd want to use it.

If I keep the phone activated AND sprint gets the 4g actually working like the map says....Dan Hesse is going to personally txt me like, "doctah...wtf?"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance