View Poll Results: How Many Have Disabled HTC Sense UI?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • That was the First Mod I did, Android Rocks

15 12.50%
  • I tried it, but missed the OEM setup so I'm going back

19 15.83%
  • I love the layout and out of the box UI. Without it this phone would suck.

77 64.17%
  • I'm not technical enough to do it, so I don't care!

9 7.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How many people have disabled HTC Sense?

So how many of you are running this beast without the HTC Sense UI? Me personally i really enjoy the Sense UI and haven't tried turning it off yet but will probably try it sooner or later just to see the Android UI at its best.

Let me know your thoughts Android Central!

I've been trying different launchers, most have been to buggy for my taste. Giving AWD a shot now, so far I really like it. If out doesn't glitch out on me to much I think I will stay with it.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

The Evo is my first Android phone. I turned off Sense just to try it... I didn't like it as much. What I have learned in this first week is that with this OS, personal preference is literally everything, and that's what makes it great. I prefer to keep it on.

Uneducated guess: the hardware of the Evo is a little overkill for stock Android? So why not keep Sense?

I tried other launchers... and they aren't that great.
    Some offer great features, but they also take away from certain things HTC Sense have.

I might let some of the launchers mature a bit before I use them.

I have a question. I might go back to stock.
    However, does stock Android have a whole different set of widgets? What do they look like?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I tried other launchers... and they aren't that great.
    Some offer great features, but they also take away from certain things HTC Sense have.

I might let some of the launchers mature a bit before I use them.

I have a question. I might go back to stock.
    However, does stock Android have a whole different set of widgets? What do they look like?
    Thats a good question. I thought the Widgets were Android based but you may be on to something about them being tied into the Sense UI.

I love the Sense UI. This it looks great and works wonderful with the EVO.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Some of the widgets are Sense only and can't be used if it is turned off.

I tried it out for like an hour. Later, I took it off, I prefer other Launchers. =]
    Device: Sprint CDMA HTC EVO 4G ♥
    Root Status: Toasty's Full Root ♥
    ROM: DamageControl v3.0 ♥
    Recovery: Amon RA ♥
    SD Card: 16GB ♥
    Apps: Clicky

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Why would anyone turn off sense UI its Amazing!!!

I love both.

Sense is nice.

Asop is also nice.

Imo, sense has some nice widgets that can mostly be replaced. Same thing with the keyboard imo swype is better and launcher pro > sense launcher.

That said you do lose the sense widgets so that can be a bummer if you can't find an adequate replacement.

Asop dialer and contacts are both superior to sense.

So really it comes down to the widgets. After playing around a bunch I have configurations for both that I like.

I highly encourage everyone to check out both for at least a week. The asop roms right now may not be ready yet for everyone but in a few weeks they will be and you would do yourself a disservice if you don't try it.

That said, I do enjoy both.

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

I tried it but went back I will try it again later when I get tired of since and want a change of pace. It's nice to have options.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

I think SenseUI makes Android a bit more complete--kinda dots the I and crosses the T in terms of usability.

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

They need to revamp sense. It's cool and has some nice widgets you can only use in sense but make it look pretty. I jumped over to Launcher Pro and using calendar pad still looking for a good bookmark and contact widget.

Without Sense UI Android is at best a finger friendly version of WinMO. Sense adds a bit of polish to the UI and allows non-techies the ability to use Android easier.

To be honest it just adds flare. What does it add in terms of usability? Only the sense leap feature and a couple home screens. Otherwise, the widgets and whatnot is just flare.

Again, what so the stock widgets offer? What kind of widgets do you get on the droid or N1? I might switch over.
    I might also use launcherpro beta if/once I get tired of the sense UI.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

HTC's Sense UI is very polished and works well. I'm sticking with that for the near future.

ADW beat my Evo into submission.
    Much more configurable and the launcher is awesome, horizontal "pages", instead of never ending scroll, and transparent background, Awesome. Plus I got rid of 4 useless screens.

Sense homescreen adds little to the phone IMO.
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Tried launcher pro but it was really buggy. Sense is the way better.
    Software Engineer

Global Posts
    1,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 / Jelly Bean

I don't think this phone would suck without Sense but I do like Sense and, for now, I'm sticking with it.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

Software Engineer

www.gksmithlcw.com

I like the leaner, uncluttered look of the stock Android launcher and plan to root and remove Sense altogether later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I like the leaner, uncluttered look of the stock Android launcher and plan to root and remove Sense altogether later today.
    Its there a stable sensless ROM?
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

I prefer HTC Sense. Stock Android is too boring for me.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Tried it....but put sense back on. HTC did a great job in with its UI. I'll try turning it off again with the next OS update. Always like weighing my options.

Sense is nice but other launchers allow you to do so much. For now I cant decide between ADW and Launcher Pro.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

im rockin launcher pro and i love it. its so customizable. the thing that sold me on it is that the homescreens work in portrait and lanscape. i fully recommend it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast