Evo's Alarm App bugs?

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Is there a website or email to notify HTC/Sprint of bugs in the built-in apps?

I really like the Evo so far (my first Android phone) but I have grown accustomed to using my cell for Alarms over the years, and so far, the Alarm app with the Evo is very buggy for me:

1. Twice, I've had an alarm go off, but when I do the slide-to-dismiss thing it just goes back to the home screen with the alarm still sounding. Only way to stop the alarm once this happens (that I've found) is to power off the phone.

2. One of the settings in the alarm app is "Side Button Behavior." I've set it to "dismiss"; however when the alarm goes off, hitting the side button does not dismiss the alarm...it doesnt have any affect at all, actually.

3. I have an alarm set for Monday-Friday, and a separate alarm set for Sat & Sunday...this morning was clearly a Saturday, yet the Mon-Fri alarm went off.

It would be REALLY nice to see these bugs worked out!

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
do you have a custom ROM installed? I remember mines doing that when I had a Hero and used the stock lock screen instead of HTC. My Evo's alarm works fine.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope...no task managers...saw enough warning posts to avoid them. This is really the only problem I've had with the phone. I've even had pretty good battery life, compared to some of the posts I've read.

Stealthpyro

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, that is strange. I have several alarms set on mine to go off at various times/days and haven't had a problem yet. Glad I lucked out.

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I too had my alarm NOT go off twice this past week and was a few minutes late for work BOTH times!! It was no big deal about the time I got there but nobody wants to get to work using the"OMG!WTF! Mad Dash!" method. Not cool if I haver too say so myself. I too will be using another clock for my alarm this week until I can regain confidence in the EVO alarm.

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I too had my alarm NOT go off twice this past week and was a few minutes late for work BOTH times!! It was no big deal about the time I got there but nobody wants to get to work using the"OMG!WTF! Mad Dash!" method. Not cool if I haver too say so myself. I too will be using another clock for my alarm this week until I can regain confidence in the EVO alarm.

That's not what is wrong with the OP. His alarm is going off...it just won't shut off unless he powers down. I don't have a problem with HTC alarm but I don't use it anymore because I like Alarm Clock PlusV2 that's in the app store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463