Cell Standby and Phone Idle using a lot of battery

stolirocks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You can't really compare the 3GS battery with the EVO, since to have the convenience of user-replaceable batteries (and the ability to carry extras, something the iPhone was never able), you need to tradeoff battery size.

We can't have our cake and eat it too.

As for the tip to lower the screen brightness to its lowest setting -how can you even use the phone outside? Personally, I just keep the brightness at around 60-75%, don't let social-networking apps (and other online apps) update on their own, and GPS off. I'm able to use my phone throughout the day, though having a car charger and an AC charger at work/home really helps.

I've ordered that (in)famous eBay set of 2 batteries and charger for $15, so I'm looking forward to reenable most of these settings.

Maybe I just have good eyes but when indoors I keep my brightness to 20%, and never see the need to go above 40% outside.

stolirocks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So why don't I have those issues now?

dunno. hey do whatever you want. Just saying mine and many many MANY others have turned that setting off and had no issues with the phone crashing as you are describing. Maybe your network area needs that setting. no clue. if you read the little description near the setting, it tells you what it is for. maybe your area needs it. that would suck.

markwoll

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My evo has 50% battery ( according to spare parts) after being taken off of the charger 31 hours ago.
I have made some calls, watched a bit of world cup, surfed for a while, a bit of text, Pandora.
I have it going for mail fairly often.
All 3g. No task killers. I get pretty good signal around here.
I do have the innocell 1750ma battery, but it is new and has not been conditioned.
I was getting good usage out of the stock battery, at least a full day.

I guess I doing it wrong.

mark.

stolirocks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My evo has 50% battery ( according to spare parts) after being taken off of the charger 31 hours ago.
I have made some calls, watched a bit of world cup, surfed for a while, a bit of text, Pandora.
I have it going for mail fairly often.
All 3g. No task killers. I get pretty good signal around here.
I do have the innocell 1750ma battery, but it is new and has not been conditioned.
I was getting good usage out of the stock battery, at least a full day.

I guess I doing it wrong.

mark.

same here, I guess we are both using our phones wrong or are crazy.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
dunno. hey do whatever you want. Just saying mine and many many MANY others have turned that setting off and had no issues with the phone crashing as you are describing. Maybe your network area needs that setting. no clue. if you read the little description near the setting, it tells you what it is for. maybe your area needs it. that would suck.

Reason I turned it back on, was because Android Forums users were complaining off crashing and rebooting and when they turned this setting back on the phone was fine again. I have seen numerous users here reporting the same thing, but they don't know what's causing it. From my test it was this...

I however will try it again, but if I get one reboot it goes back on. Update : Well this fast and my phone already did a reboot. Woo hoo

Also to add, does anyone else's seem to drain faster in the beginning? I just pulled mine off the charger and within 20min of using it, it dropped a notch. Normal?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan