camera test, evo, lumix FZ7, Rebel XT, nikon S560

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I took a few pics today with all our cameras and with the evo(wife was gone or the hero would be in here too). I figured maybe some of you would like to see how the evo stacks up so I thought Id post them up.

I just set them all to the highest resolution, highest quality(if it had the setting), everything on auto. I took one zoomed all the way out and then one zoomed all the way in(only optical, didnt get into digital zoom with the real cameras). (and with the lumix, I didnt zoom all the way in because it has a 12x zoom which is WAY more than the evo or S560 and the lens on the rebel is only a 28-80)

anyways they are in order from the evo, then the nikon, then the lumix, then the rebel. I havent even checked them out fullsize but from the previews on the devices the outdoors look like they will be real nice from the evo, but the indoor pic looks pretty noisy while the cameras all still look good. and they are pretty much all flowers because thats whats in the yard with the most color contrast and details that I got.

*edit* ok, im too dumb to get this. I have my picasa album for these sync'd, they are on my web albums, but the links dont work inside the IMG tags...

when I figure it out they will be up.

Last edited:

dahlberg123

May 21, 2010
Visit site
If you right click on the image there should be a "copy image url" or something like that, depending on what browser you're using. You should be able to take that nd use the img tag.

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
well picasa web albums has 2 text fields on the right side, and when you click either it highlights the text for you to copy, one says link, the other is to embed the photo. neither works, although the embed photo link is html and I dont even know if you can use html in a post in this forum...

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Something seriously wrong with your Rebel!!! I'm thinking you should have at least selected the focal point. It was struggling. :)

And the EVO sure does hold it's own outdoors in full sun. Thanks for the pic comparisons.

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't look like you changed the aspect ration on your photos.. Changing it to 4:3 I think gives you a higher resolution ;-)

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I had the camera on autofocus. I did notice a few of them were focused on a different area. also the day wasnt too nice out. my fiance uses it to take pictures for people (not much yet but a few engagement pictures, couple modeling sessions, etc...) and during a bright day at least they always turn out really good. plus they are really huge and picasa just resizes it however it sees fit(probably an option somewhere but I didnt change them).

maybe Ill upload the originals to photobucket and link to them. they will be HUGE though...