If you dont own the Evo stop camplaining about the size.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing on different forums people complaining about the size. It's not bad as people make it out to be and its aloft thinner than most phones like the Pre and other Blackberries. I'm not a big guy (5' 9" 165lbs) and don't wear baggy jeans and it fits in my cargo shorts, jeans, and dress pants just fine. And I notice it less than I did with my Bold 9700. So if you don't own the phone don't let the size discourage you.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have it, and I'm not gonna lie, the size is a bit annoying. When compared to my sister's Pixi, the thing is massive. Everyone calls it "the brick". I'm not able to take it as many places as I could my Pre, simply because its uncomfortable. Now I love the phone and think its the best phone I've ever had, but I can't honestly tell you the size doesn't bother me.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Admittedly I'm a plus-sized guy, but it fits in the front left pocket of my slacks without leaving much of a bulge. The thinness of it helps. And I do love the big screen. I've wondered about it attracting attention while I use it, but that hasn't happened in the three whole days I've had it.

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
When I first read the specs, I was worried about the size.

However, a trip to the local Sprint store calmed any fears I had.

It actually was smaller than I was expecting and I found it to be easy to handle and the screen was gorgeous.

It was also thinner and weighed less than I was expecting. All of the reviews made it sound like it was some massive brick.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100%! This phone feels perfect to me. To those who do complain most likely have not tried the phone yet. I wear dress clothes everyday at work and there is no issue at all.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a Pre before I got my Evo. The size is night and day between the 2, but it took no time to get use to. And I find it a lot easier to use and see things on the screen. Now when I use my Pre or my wifes Pre I ask myself how I used such a small phone for a year.

I'm a normal sized guy and don't have any issues carrying my Evo in my front pants pocket. I forget its there sometimes.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The size is great.

I actually forget about it sometimes when I wear pants... then again, I guess I wear baggier pants than most people.

Also, I played on my Pre the other day.... I forget how small the screen size is.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way, I thought it was gonna b a problem n now that I have it ppl shouldn't complain if they don't have cause is not bad at all...I can't even see myself now going back to a smaller screen

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big guy at 6'5" and it actually feels too thin without a case. Always thought it was going to slip out of my hands. I got the platinum two piece case (not Seidio) from Best Buy and it has a good grippy feel to it now.

What's funny is when I have to pick up my last phone to do something on it. It feels like a pack of gum in my hands now and the screen is so small in comparison.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Admittedly I'm a plus-sized guy, but it fits in the front left pocket of my slacks without leaving much of a bulge. The thinness of it helps. And I do love the big screen. I've wondered about it attracting attention while I use it, but that hasn't happened in the three whole days I've had it.

See its opposite with me. Everyone notices it. I gu
ss cause I'm a smaller guy and people can tell when I have a huge phone in my hands. I live this thing tho.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing on different forums people complaining about the size. It's not bad as people make it out to be and its aloft thinner than most phones like the Pre and other Blackberries. I'm not a big guy (5' 9" 165lbs) and don't wear baggy jeans and it fits in my cargo shorts, jeans, and dress pants just fine. And I notice it less than I did with my Bold 9700. So if you don't own the phone don't let the size discourage you.

The only time I found it to be awkward because of it's size is when I first used it AS A PHONE.... A combination of size and weight it has taken some getting use to and trying to find that perfect way to hold the phone while talking. I have it figured out now and after 10 days it's not bad. Now I am a decent sized guy (6' 1" 205 lbs and wear XL gloves) overall the size does not bother me.. Actually the opposite.. It's a joy to read text and watch video on this thing.... I love it... Great phone..

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I own 3 EVO's my son, wife and I. My wife is 5'0 so she no giant, and she loves. She had Moment before, and she is just amazed by the size of the screen, says no comparing to the Moment. Son is 5'5 and he loves it, I am 6'0 and i totally dig this phone. I think this would be the new standard for phone 4-4.3 inch phones.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have it, and I'm not gonna lie, the size is a bit annoying. When compared to my sister's Pixi, the thing is massive. Everyone calls it "the brick". I'm not able to take it as many places as I could my Pre, simply because its uncomfortable. Now I love the phone and think its the best phone I've ever had, but I can't honestly tell you the size doesn't bother me.

I am the exact opposite of you. I like this size better than my pre. I notice it less than my pre in my pocket.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I love the size of the Evo also. Before it was officially announced and all we had seen were leaked pics of the "Supersonic" I thought this was going to be one huge phone, but it really isn't that huge.

I think people don't realize that the Evo is just a tiny bit bigger than the iPhone. The screen just makes the whole phone look bigger.

I'm sure lots of the same people that said "The Evo is too big, I'll stick to my Droid" are now drooling over the Droid X even though it's bigger than the Evo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34