Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Question Posting a video to Facebook from my EVO

Posting a video to Facebook from my EVO can't do it? WTF and why?

Upload it to youtube and link it to Facebook. Thats how I do it. There not seem a direct way of doing it from Evo to Facebook.
    HTC Evo 4G 2.2

CUSTOM PC:
    INTEL Q9550 E0|ASUS P5E|EVGA GTX 480|EVGA 9800GTX|MUSHKIN 4GB|X-FI TITANIUM|RAPTORS|CORSAIR HX1000W|WINDOWS 7 X64|HANNSPREE 28" HDMI|ANTEC 1200 MODDED|CORSAIR H50

actually there is a direct way to do it. go to facebook.com and click on upload vid through your wall. from there select mobile phone. it will give you a randomly generated email address that is only for you. add that email addy to your phones contact list. then when you have a vid you want to upload, use gmail or something and email that address that facebook gave you. the subject line is the caption and FB will automatically add it for you. easier than the youtube route by far.

Or record it with qik and when your done, it gives you the option to facebook it or youtube it.. but you have to integrate it through the qik website and add ur facebook info

Quote Originally Posted by iamthejosh View Post
    actually there is a direct way to do it. go to facebook.com and click on upload vid through your wall. from there select mobile phone. it will give you a randomly generated email address that is only for you. add that email addy to your phones contact list. then when you have a vid you want to upload, use gmail or something and email that address that facebook gave you. the subject line is the caption and FB will automatically add it for you. easier than the youtube route by far.

how big of a video can you email???
    so far, I believe using Qik is the best way.... don't know why you can't directly upload a video to Facebook from the camera.. I was able to do it with my Palm Pre and it worked GREAT!

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

The FB app Bloo will allow you upload a video.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,172 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Lollipop" 5.1 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    how big of a video can you email???
    so far, I believe using Qik is the best way.... don't know why you can't directly upload a video to Facebook from the camera.. I was able to do it with my Palm Pre and it worked GREAT!
    I think the size limit for Facebook is 1024MB (1 GB) or 20 minutes (whichever is smaller).

the way i uploaded a vid recorded from the phone camera was to upload it to qik and then just clicking the facebook button and it appeared on my wall instantly.
    CP4

Quote Originally Posted by LipGloss712 View Post
    the way i uploaded a vid recorded from the phone camera was to upload it to qik and then just clicking the facebook button and it appeared on my wall instantly.
    Looks like that will work for me, too, only I think I'm missing a step. My facebook and twitter icons are dimmed, while the email, done and other options are clickable. Do I need to link facebook and qik somehow to make this happen? How do I do that? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CP4 View Post
    Looks like that will work for me, too, only I think I'm missing a step. My facebook and twitter icons are dimmed, while the email, done and other options are clickable. Do I need to link facebook and qik somehow to make this happen? How do I do that? Thanks!
    connect twitter and facebook on qik.com

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I think the size limit for Facebook is 1024MB (1 GB) or 20 minutes (whichever is smaller).
    it wouldn't let me email a 15meg video... (I didn't think it would)..