1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mobile Network won't turn on

I had wifi on overnight, and since this morning, when i turned it off, I have been unable to connect to mobile network. It just stays at "Turning on.."

Has anyone had this problem, know its cause, or suggest a solution (aside from hard reset)?

The only change I made recently was yesterday following a different thread on battery suggestions, under phone information, I changed my preferred network type to CDMA auto (PRL) from GSM auto (PRL).

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I had this problem the other day. What I did was turn on airplane mode, then turn it off. A full shutdown and restart would probably have worked, too.
    The only complaint I have about my EVO is that it turned my $300 netbook into a paperweight.

Default Re: Mobile Network won't turn on

I'm having this problem too.....restarting and airplane mode will not help

Are you running stock ROM and Kernel?

i have this problem periodically as well. a battery pull always solves the problem for me. i am not rooted.
    HTC EVO 4G (rooted, GO Launcher EX)

ROM
    Rooted Stock .246

Quote Originally Posted by m a x i m u s View Post
    i have this problem periodically as well. a battery pull always solves the problem for me. i am not rooted.
    Battery pulling isn't the safest thing to do. You can do more harm than good. It's the equivalent of pulling the plug on your running Windows or Mac PC.

Too all having this issue: try updating your Profile and PRL. Check for any updates too.

Quote Originally Posted by psychofox13 View Post
    Battery pulling isn't the safest thing to do. You can do more harm than good. It's the equivalent of pulling the plug on your running Windows or Mac PC.

Too all having this issue: try updating your Profile and PRL. Check for any updates too.

i always shut the phone down before pulling the battery ... is this still not a good idea?? (this is a serious question btw, not a rebuttal).
    HTC EVO 4G (rooted, GO Launcher EX)

ROM
    Fresh

Quote Originally Posted by m a x i m u s View Post
    i always shut the phone down before pulling the battery ... is this still not a good idea?? (this is a serious question btw, not a rebuttal).
    If you are shutting the phone off, then it's safe. I'm giving the battery pull a try since my Evo3D is doing the same thing now

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Try updating the prl and profile in phone settings.

Angry Re: Mobile Network won't turn on

What is the prl, couldn't find it in the settings. I have the current update and nothing has been changed in my phone. The mobile network turns off on its own and the only way I can get it to turn back on is to reboot it. It started doing this even before I would switch it to wifi, I only do this at home. It turns off even while I am on 4g. I have also done factory reboots and no luck. I have contacted Verizon and HTC and they both can't fix the problem.

Hi last night I got a new HTC vivid and I had gotten a

Angry Re: Mobile Network won't turn on

Hi last night I got a new HTC vivid and I had gotten this phone originally on the 4th of this month and that one randomly turned off 2-3 times a day so I got this new one and ever since I've been home in Borger, TX the damn thing won't let me send any texts at first and now my whole mobile network is saying it's off I cannot make any calls receive any or anything and when I go to quick settings in my notification bar and look to see if I can turn mobile network on it won't let me even select the damn thing. Someone please help me I am about to get very pissed and take this phone back for a different one for the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenclements View Post
    Hi last night I got a new HTC vivid and I had gotten this phone originally on the 4th of this month and that one randomly turned off 2-3 times a day so I got this new one and ever since I've been home in Borger, TX the damn thing won't let me send any texts at first and now my whole mobile network is saying it's off I cannot make any calls receive any or anything and when I go to quick settings in my notification bar and look to see if I can turn mobile network on it won't let me even select the damn thing. Someone please help me I am about to get very pissed and take this phone back for a different one for the second time.
    You might get better response to your issue if posted in vived forum,, this is a evo 4G forum.

Galaxy tab 10.1
    love my evo.