Evo's Gorilla Glass saved me $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

pezdukie

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well the Evo's gorilla glass (or whatever it is) definitely saved me $100...

Today I stepped on my Evo in a dressing room at a store with my full weight. I felt/heard it crunch and I just cringed and braced for the worst. I took it out of my pocket and gave it a once-over and it was still in flawless condition. Unfortunately I turn on the screen and sure enough, the LCD screen was wrecked completely. At this time, the screen was all white with two black lines through it. Luckily for me, this screen eventually became all black. The backlight would still illuminate and the phone seemed to function normally.

I took it back to Best Buy and as far as they know the screen just stopped working and is a manufacturer defect. Next Evo shipment they get I will have myself a replacement Evo at no cost. If this phone had a plastic screen, I can't help but believe the screen would be completely cracked and I'd be paying a $100 deductible.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Absolutely. Hearing stories like this kind of make me happy that the screens are lifting... I hope the OP has MAJOR light leakage. Deserves it! Oh I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!!!! Dead Pixels too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc