1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stream live video using Qik

With the Qik application that came with the EVO, I was able to stream live video to qik.com. However, with the updated version, I don't see an option to do that. It wants to record the video, then upload it. How do you stream live video using this app?

Use record (second button)...You'll see a green bubble next to Qik showing connected. That means your'e streaming to your site.

If you like the old version better, you can unistall the new version.

Hope this helps.
    "Now I may be an ***** but there is one thing I am not, sir and that, sir is an *****." -Peter Griffin
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's not that I like the old version better, I just can't get it to work on the new version. On the older version, as soon as I hit the record button, a link would pop up at the bottom of the screen showing where I was live streaming. That doesn't happen on the new version which is why I thought they might have removed it. Have you tested it on your EVO with the new version and seen the live streaming working?
    jds

i just confirmed i have the latest version i went to the market and checked for the latest version and i do have it

in qik go to record, then it will let you know you are connected in the top left
    hit the red button on the right and then it will turn green go to your qik.com/username website to see if the site is up and running

if that doesn't help i would call sprint and complain

Yes, it still works. I just tested it. Make sure the icon on the top left of the screen says Connected, and make sure the lock icon on the bottom right shows "unlocked".
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Great. It looks like it's working now on my end as well. Thanks guys.