Would you file an insurance claim?

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I was outside tonight on the phone and swatting away gnats and my EVO took a tragic fall. The sad part about it was that it was in slow motion and dramatic as ever. Luckily I had it in the body glove case but once it hit the ground the case came off and now on the right side of my EVO there are minor dings and scratches. I ordered the Seido case and it should be coming soon but I know the dings are there. I am very anal about the appearance on my phones and it is bothering me like you wouldn't imagine. Should I file a claim and would you guys file one as well if this happened?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You can either pay 100 bucks to get another phone now, or just wait until the Innocase shows up that will probably cover those dings up. I guess the big question is if they would even accept the claim since the phone is still funtional? Then again, if you drop the 100 bucks now, you will probably get a new phone since there probably aren't any refurbs out there yet....decisions decisions....

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
it wont be the last time you accidentally drop the phone. i say cover it up with the case and wait till it gets more messed up then file a claim.

nmelkon1

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I dropped it twice, scratches and dings now, called sprint/insurance company, they said the chance of me getting a brand new one is slim, apparently they're loaded with refurbs already?? They said refurbs look brand new, I don't care about some minor dings and scratches, gonna wait until it stops functioning before I pony up the $100, I hear you can keep the battery and cable, nice added incentive to be careless imo! :D

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I dropped it twice, scratches and dings now, called sprint/insurance company, they said the chance of me getting a brand new one is slim, apparently they're loaded with refurbs already?? They said refurbs look brand new, I don't care about some minor dings and scratches, gonna wait until it stops functioning before I pony up the $100, I hear you can keep the battery and cable, nice added incentive to be careless imo! :D

thats because they send u just a phone nothing else

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

If you're using Asurion, as I suspect all Sprint customers are, they are required to notify you in advance - before shipment - if it's a refurbished phone. I've used them many times in the past and never gotten a refurbished phone. They best part about this is Sprint has you go to their website and if done by 3-4pm you've got free overnight shipping of your new phone. Seamless and painless.

Edit: might as well put their website up now, right? http://www.asurion.com/