Is Qik still having problems?

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't get mine to upload any videos, on wifi or 3g. It just has the spinning wheel endlessly. No progress bar at all.

Also, I don't see a place to see and share videos I already uploaded. I haven't uploaded anything from my evo yet, but I had from my iPhone...those videos should still be there.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't get mine to upload any videos, on wifi or 3g. It just has the spinning wheel endlessly. No progress bar at all.

Also, I don't see a place to see and share videos I already uploaded. I haven't uploaded anything from my evo yet, but I had from my iPhone...those videos should still be there.

Qik continues to have problems getting it to work on the EVO, and continues to make lame excuses on their blog: The Qik Blog

In the latest post (6/12), they now claim they've found that "often people have blocked receiving SMS from short-codes". Really? On Sprint? How many people on Sprint, using the EVO and Qik have blocked short codes set up on their account? Most folks aren't even aware this can be done letalone how to do it.

And in the last paragraph, they use the excuse of "low bandwidth conditions" as part of the problem. Even with a 7Mbs up/3Mbs down WiFi connection our EVO's can only occassionally video chat with each other, and when we do get connected, the video/audio quality has been terrible.

My guess is that hey never intended to put any additional resources into the free version as evidenced by it's colossal flop since day-1, but are now being forced by Sprint to get it working. If/when the free version works, I'd bet the farm that it will be marginally useable, as they'll want to push folks to the $4.99/month premium version when it becomes available on the EVO.

You may want to try out Fring as an alternative. The whole video chat thing is still pretty much a novelty IMO, but at least Fring has been somewhat reliable for our playing around needs.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I don't want to video chat, I just want a way to send videos to people. We can't send videos we record in HD through SMS, because it rejects them due to size. YouTube will not upload unless you are on WiFi...So that's what Qik was good for..just sending quick video links through SMS.

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I was on WiFi yesterday and able to upload videos to the Qik site (and have them subsequently shared out to Facebook) fine. Granted, I was on WiFi, I have no idea if it would have worked over 3G as I didn't try it.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I got the video upload to work but I did notice that when using the qik app VS the Video Recorder that the quality of the video is horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol