Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Send files from one Android device to another

Is there an easy way to send a file from one Android device to another? I know I can email them, but I was hoping there is an app out there that will allow a direct transfer. Something like the Bump app, but with all file types. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You could use Dropbox. http://www.dropbox.com
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I can go that route if necessary. I was hoping for a more direct phone to phone transfer though if possible.

what about via bluetooth?

Default Re: Send files from one Android device to another

try Hoccer. also swiftp + andftp combo works pretty well

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I see that Bump is now available for Android as well. More apps to try out...
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

I like Bump, or I would like it, but for two things:

1) I don't like to bump (or even shake) my $200 investment
    2) I find it annoying to go through a server when I'd much rather just go phone-to-phone.

You'd think Bluetooth would do the job...no?

I haven't tried it with the Evo via bluetooth but I've used that with other phones to share pics, short video clips, music files just to name a few.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I tried bump but it doesn't work with photos on the EVO. Wrote to the developer and they said they're trying to fix that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Bump seems quite cool...got to get one of my iphone friends to try it out with me

I notice that when i check whats using my battery is says usually 65% Android System, Is there any way to take this down?

Quote Originally Posted by DaonlyWabbie View Post
    I notice that when i check whats using my battery is says usually 65% Android System, Is there any way to take this down?
    it's all relative. think about it. overall total battery usage is 100%. the OS is really the only constant. the less you use other features/services/apps - the higher % will be attributed to the OS.

and please don't obsess over your battery widgets.