Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Unhappy Dead screen - How to get to USB mode?

    My screen died on my EVO this weekend (after only 4 days). Im going to the sprint store today to get it fixed/replaced.. However, I'd love to backup my SD card before I go. (Some of my media content is a bit personal).. :o

    Is there a way I can force access to the SD card without using the touch screen?

    Thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Dead screen - How to get to USB mode?

    if your phone is already Debugging enabled just plug it into your computer, then use the android sdk to do a adb pull on any files you want to remove from /sdcard.

    if not then just remove the microsd card from behind the battery and use a sdcard reader + microsd adapter

    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    sdcard reader + microsd adapter

    DUH.. I don't have one, but it still never crossed my mind.. And I call myself a geek.. I'm so embarrassed..

    Thanks PingPongBoss.
  4. #4  
    gottria's Avatar

    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

    Default

    Or just swap cards with the new Evo.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Dead screen - How to get to USB mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    sdcard reader + microsd adapter

    DUH.. I don't have one, but it still never crossed my mind.. And I call myself a geek.. I'm so embarrassed..

    Thanks PingPongBoss.
    Haha it's all good. You aren't the first person to forget about that

    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G.
  6. #6  

    Default

    What about getting the files off of the internal memory? The phone was not in debugging mode. I ran over my Incredible and everything still works except for the screen. It didn't crack though. Tough bird!
  7. #7  
    npark's Avatar

    Posts
    656 Posts
    Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    sdcard reader + microsd adapter

    DUH.. I don't have one, but it still never crossed my mind.. And I call myself a geek.. I'm so embarrassed..

    Thanks PingPongBoss.
    I've switched phones at a retail location and requested to keep my micro SD card. I would recommend doing that... =)
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msingewald View Post
    What about getting the files off of the internal memory? The phone was not in debugging mode. I ran over my Incredible and everything still works except for the screen. It didn't crack though. Tough bird!
    Does anybody know how to do this? My phone screen is dead and want to get to the internal memory and my phone is NOT pre-set to go into debugging mode. So how do i change the mode without the screen?
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadman View Post
    Does anybody know how to do this? My phone screen is dead and want to get to the internal memory and my phone is NOT pre-set to go into debugging mode. So how do i change the mode without the screen?
    What are you concerned about losing to the internal memory of the phone? Your contacts should be synchronized with your Gmail account, so they'll come back when you set up your replacement phone. Your media is already stored on your SD card, not the internal memory. The most I would see you losing is your Angry Birds high score.
  10. #10  
    NxTech3's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock SGSIIE4GT

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illwood View Post
    What are you concerned about losing to the internal memory of the phone? Your contacts should be synchronized with your Gmail account, so they'll come back when you set up your replacement phone. Your media is already stored on your SD card, not the internal memory. The most I would see you losing is your Angry Birds high score.
    Some people have necessary texts or picture mail that hasnt been saved to the card. Or certain non market apps that are hard to find again. If your store has a service tech, be it Sprint or Big Red, and see if they have a part they can put on just so you can see if there is anything you need. If they are giving you a replacment, they can just put the screen on the broken one then put back on replacement phone. (For the Evo, just hope the screen types match)
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Dead screen - How to get to USB mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by sadman View Post
    Does anybody know how to do this? My phone screen is dead and want to get to the internal memory and my phone is NOT pre-set to go into debugging mode. So how do i change the mode without the screen?
    So has anyone answered your question yet? I too need to get my stuff off the internal memory of the phone and I can't get it off charge mode b/c I can't see the screen...help please??
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Dead screen - How to get to USB mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by sadman View Post
    Does anybody know how to do this? My phone screen is dead and want to get to the internal memory and my phone is NOT pre-set to go into debugging mode. So how do i change the mode without the screen?
    Did anyone ever help you with this?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Dead screen - How to get to USB mode?

    Can someone help me regarding this? My EVO has no screen and I want to get data off of the device through the USB. How can I force it into USB debugging mode??
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Dead screen - How to get to USB mode?

    yeah a real answer would be nice, been working at this for weeks now and nothing works because i cant get in usb mode. it doesnt really matter what we want to get off the phone we just need to get stuff off the phone. so as it stands need to get pics and vids and what not from phone that are not on the external memory but cant because the screen is broke and its not in usb mode, how can this be done please help
  15. #15  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,538 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Dead screen - How to get to USB mode?

    Use a Hdmi cable and pc if you have one, or install it has a file manager included
    This is rooted phones only



Posting Permissions

B