Dead screen - How to get to USB mode?

acherry#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My screen died on my EVO this weekend (after only 4 days). Im going to the sprint store today to get it fixed/replaced.. However, I'd love to backup my SD card before I go. (Some of my media content is a bit personal).. :eek:

Is there a way I can force access to the SD card without using the touch screen?

Thanks.

pingpongboss

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
if your phone is already Debugging enabled just plug it into your computer, then use the android sdk to do a adb pull on any files you want to remove from /sdcard.

if not then just remove the microsd card from behind the battery and use a sdcard reader + microsd adapter

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G.

acherry#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
sdcard reader + microsd adapter

DUH.. I don't have one, but it still never crossed my mind.. And I call myself a geek.. I'm so embarrassed..

Thanks PingPongBoss.

pingpongboss

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

DUH.. I don't have one, but it still never crossed my mind.. And I call myself a geek.. I'm so embarrassed..

Thanks PingPongBoss.

Haha it's all good. You aren't the first person to forget about that :D

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G.

TowerGuy100

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
What about getting the files off of the internal memory? The phone was not in debugging mode. I ran over my Incredible and everything still works except for the screen. It didn't crack though. Tough bird!

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks PingPongBoss.

I've switched phones at a retail location and requested to keep my micro SD card. I would recommend doing that... =)

sadman

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
What about getting the files off of the internal memory? The phone was not in debugging mode. I ran over my Incredible and everything still works except for the screen. It didn't crack though. Tough bird!

Does anybody know how to do this? My phone screen is dead and want to get to the internal memory and my phone is NOT pre-set to go into debugging mode. So how do i change the mode without the screen?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know how to do this? My phone screen is dead and want to get to the internal memory and my phone is NOT pre-set to go into debugging mode. So how do i change the mode without the screen?

What are you concerned about losing to the internal memory of the phone? Your contacts should be synchronized with your Gmail account, so they'll come back when you set up your replacement phone. Your media is already stored on your SD card, not the internal memory. The most I would see you losing is your Angry Birds high score. ;)

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
What are you concerned about losing to the internal memory of the phone? Your contacts should be synchronized with your Gmail account, so they'll come back when you set up your replacement phone. Your media is already stored on your SD card, not the internal memory. The most I would see you losing is your Angry Birds high score. ;)

Some people have necessary texts or picture mail that hasnt been saved to the card. Or certain non market apps that are hard to find again. If your store has a service tech, be it Sprint or Big Red, and see if they have a part they can put on just so you can see if there is anything you need. If they are giving you a replacment, they can just put the screen on the broken one then put back on replacement phone. (For the Evo, just hope the screen types match)

rpetrofes

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
So has anyone answered your question yet? I too need to get my stuff off the internal memory of the phone and I can't get it off charge mode b/c I can't see the screen...help please??

jreichert78

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Can someone help me regarding this? My EVO has no screen and I want to get data off of the device through the USB. How can I force it into USB debugging mode??

John Adams1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
yeah a real answer would be nice, been working at this for weeks now and nothing works because i cant get in usb mode. it doesnt really matter what we want to get off the phone we just need to get stuff off the phone. so as it stands need to get pics and vids and what not from phone that are not on the external memory but cant because the screen is broke and its not in usb mode, how can this be done please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63