1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LED while on car charge blinks orange & green?

Hi,

Just noticed for the first time that led is blinking green and orange while
    On car charger. What does it mean?
    Btw, battery is at 100%

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Sounds like it's orange to show the 100% charge, and green because you have alerts waiting.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hmm, when i unplug it it stops blinking. No notif. Waiting.

I noticed the same thing today. No notifications...

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

Same here. I think it's when it's not charging because it's too hot. No sure though.

Huh, I've never seen mine blink in the car ...

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Hmm, weird.

Speaking of the LED... why can't we set the blink SPEED and COLOR on this thing?! If it can do orange and green, it should be able to do ALL colors. Irritating.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this mystery.

Btw, I unplugged it couple of times and it seems like it's back to normal orange charging light.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Absinthe JB 5.1.1

If it's blinking both orange and green, that means the battery/phone is overheating.
    Left Android for the Darkside...
    Yes. I'm a proud owner of an iPhone 5S. Please don't hurt me

If I've helped in anyway... kindly show your appreciation by clicking that lovely "Thanks" button below ------------------------------------------↓

This also happened to me today while I was using the car charger. It happened around 3:30 pm pacific time for me. I charge my phone all the time everyday since I drive for a living. It has never happened before.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosShadow View Post
    If it's blinking both orange and green, that means the battery/phone is overheating.
    Well that makes sense because right in the afternoon (Seattle, WA) we got some sun and my phone was on front seat charging.

Yes, ChaosShadow is right...which is why, here in Las Vegas, a vent clip mount works like a charm. Phone is icy cold...and in plain view.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I really don't think it's a problem. I'm sure it's just going orange because the phone drains down to 99.99% charged after the IC chip kicks in, and then back to green when it starts charging again and hits exactly 100% charged.

Quote Originally Posted by brewers0708 View Post
    I really don't think it's a problem. I'm sure it's just going orange because the phone drains down to 99.99% charged after the IC chip kicks in, and then back to green when it starts charging again and hits exactly 100% charged.
    :fail:

My experience is the same as ChaosShadow's -- the double-blinking lights are an indication of battery overheat.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I can confirm the battery overheating. I had the same thing happen with my HTC Hero, and I tought it wouldn't happen with my EVO, but I was wrong...

I have it mounted in a clip mounted just above a vent (not by choice, just happened that way...) and as long as cool air is going through the vent it is fine.... but I'm sure a lot of you don't, or can't, have it mounted that way.

Ken