Hardware Versions: 0002 or 0003? Also, HTC called me back about the screen issue..

Hardware Version? (I'm going to add 0001 and 0004 just in case)

• Total voters

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Had an 0002. Had the grounding issue, a horribly loose battery cover that would come off way too easily, and very bad light leakage onto the LCD from under the bezel (not too bad around the capacitive buttons so much). Thought this was normal until I went to a Sprint store and saw demo models without. Went back to Radio Shack for a replacement and was told to expect a wait, but they called me the next day saying they had one in stock so I picked it up today. 0003 has no light issues and, also interestingly enough, the battery back is different: a more-rubberized surface which fits way more snugly and tightly than the shinier 0002 back the original one had, though I know this may have been mentioned before. 0003 phone generally feels more solid without the creaky backplate too, no difference in terms of software performance etc. so far.

Hmbre97

May 18, 2010
Visit site
0003 here. No light leakage, lifting, wifi issues, etc. Only issue mine has is no FM reception with headset plugged in all the way. It will work if you pull it out one notch.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have 0003. I got my phone last night actually in the mail from Sprint. I have a very slight lift on the bottom corners. So far you really have to look at it closely to tell but I'm sure at some point it's going to get worse. I also have the issue with the screen not working right when it's not in your hand but not all the time.

KingGrimlock

May 8, 2010
Visit site
i have 0003 and no problems. no light leakage, no screen shifting or lifting and the screen responds to one finger while it's on a flat surface.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, my 0003 also doesn't have any of the grounding issues on the screen when it is on fabric or any other strange surface... the screen works great! I even tested the multi-touch screen using the "Multitouch Vis Test" app and everything is great! :D

Brett636

May 3, 2010
Visit site
0003 here and no problems, but I've only had my Evo for 3 days so maybe its not the best indicator that there won't be problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae