Email Question

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have all my email set up with my EVO...except for email address i need synced with my phone the most, my college email address. Any time i try to add the account it says authentication failed. Please verify your username/password" I know i'm entering the address/password correctly. The email address is name@psu.edu

anyone have any ideas why i can't add it?

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have all my email set up with my EVO...except for email address i need synced with my phone the most, my college email address. Any time i try to add the account it says authentication failed. Please verify your username/password" I know i'm entering the address/password correctly. The email address is name@psu.edu

anyone have any ideas why i can't add it?
how are you trying to connect? pop3? imap? exchange?

what you could do, is simply forward the email to your gmail account.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
sorry if this comes off as condescending, but one would imagine that a penn state student would have better grammar and better "googling" abilities.

Residential Computing: University Park | Email and Internet Setup

Use pop3, and email.psu.edu as the incoming server with SSL and port 995. Use smtp.psu.edu for the outgoing server and port 25.

I think that would be the extent someone at these forums could help you. Any other problems beyond this you'd have to contact your school's "ITS" department (it appears to be called).

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I mean i'm sorry for my poor 'grammar' npark i wrote the message on my phone quickly so maybe i had a typo or two...

But anyway i'm clearly not very tech-savy. Here is how I have the account set up

Incoming Settings

Protocol: POP
Email Address: Name@psu.edu
Username: Name@psu.edu
password:***
POP Server: psu.edu
Security Type: SSL
Server Port 995

When i press continue it tells me cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding.

I'm probably just retarted but i dont know what i'm doing wrong

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
well it sure ain't Harvard.

pay attention and fix your server address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use pop3, and email.psu.edu as the incoming server with SSL and port 995. Use smtp.psu.edu for the outgoing server and port 25.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I mean i'm sorry for my poor 'grammar' npark i wrote the message on my phone quickly so maybe i had a typo or two...

But anyway i'm clearly not very tech-savy. Here is how I have the account set up

Incoming Settings

Protocol: POP
Email Address: Name@psu.edu
Username: Name@psu.edu
password:***
POP Server: psu.edu
Security Type: SSL
Server Port 995

When i press continue it tells me cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding.

I'm probably just retarted but i dont know what i'm doing wrong

It might help if you read my email.

1) I specified the right server address. You didn't use it.
2) Try clicking on the link (from your school. Google is amazing. You should use it). It shows that the username does not include the @domainname.

Again, if reading my email doesn't help, there really isn't anything someone on these forums can do. If you're not "savvy" as you mentioned, I'm sure you can find another student who can help. Maybe someone who can spell "retarded".

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It might help if you read my email.

1) I specified the right server address. You didn't use it.
2) Try clicking on the link (from your school. Google is amazing. You should use it). It shows that the username does not include the @domainname.

Again, if reading my email doesn't help, there really isn't anything someone on these forums can do. If you're not "savvy" as you mentioned, I'm sure you can find another student who can help. Maybe someone who can spell "retarded".

You can go F off. If you want to help, answer the question. If you want to go be a jerk off, then keep your mouth closed. I'm not writing a formal letter and I don't care if my grammar isn't great.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually did help you. You can stop being emo and follow the directions. If that doesn't help, well, good luck.

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You obviously don't know what emo means. Good job making no sense. And I did follow your directions it just can't locate the server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty