EVO Wifi won't connect

Freymoour

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I need your help to diagnose some WiFi weirdness. Specifically, no matter what I do I keep getting the messsage "Not in Range" when I attempt to connect to my home wifi network.

I have my WiFi set up so that my SSID is NOT broadcast. My SSID has been "Th3 @|Ch3m!$T" and encryption set at PKA2 with a password that was "C^3$c3~T D^@g0~W@G0~"

I had an Apple Airport Extreme and thought it might be that so I bought a Netgear WNDR3700.

No Difference

Then I thought it was the " " spaces in the password and SSID so I removed those.

No Difference

Then I thought it was all the Special characters in the password so I changed it to something simple like "HTC EVO 4G"

No Difference

My Mac Pro, my Mac Book Pro and my iPhone 3Gs have no problems connecting so I'm stymied.

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks!

adidazz

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Freymoour,
I'm in the same boat as you. I have a hidden SSID Network and it will always say not in range. The only way I got it to work was to broadcast my SSID Network Name. Still can't figure how to connect to a hidden network with password.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you shouldn't hide your SSID network name then. There's absolutely no reason to. WPA2 encryption is going to keep everyone out regardless, and anyone who would really want to go through the effort of breaking the WPA encryption would know how to sniff your SSID from traffic anyway, making it a completely moot point.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I had that problem.

I fixed my problem by scrolling down when I set up the network... lol, I didn't see you could scroll down... the keyboard comes up and it hides the scroll.

adidazz

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
@Kedar Thank you. I didn't realize that that we could scroll down. All I saw was Save and Cancel. That fixed it. Appreciate the info...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Haha yeah i thought it was embarrassing at first but i didn't know that other people have the same problem.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I had that problem.

I fixed my problem by scrolling down when I set up the network... lol, I didn't see you could scroll down... the keyboard comes up and it hides the scroll.

Ok I'm not a total n00b when it comes to the Evo but I can't figure out how to connect either. I tried scrolling up and down and I get nothing. All I get is SSID, Encryption, Password, Show Password and Save/Cancel.

I try scrolling up and down and get nothing. I would appreciate any help. I would really like to keep my SSID hidden.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm not a total n00b when it comes to the Evo but I can't figure out how to connect either. I tried scrolling up and down and I get nothing. All I get is SSID, Encryption, Password, Show Password and Save/Cancel.

I try scrolling up and down and get nothing. I would appreciate any help. I would really like to keep my SSID hidden.

That is all there is to it. Make sure you select the correct SSID, encryption and password. That should be all you need.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude