Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar App Icon always at 15?

i just noticed yesterday that the Calendar App Icon said "15" and yesterday was June 15. i thought that's cool - the Icon updates with the current date. i expected today to say "16" but it still says 15. i hit refresh and did a reboot and it still says 15. was it just coincidence that i just noticed this yesterday on the 15th and it is always at 15? any way to fix this?

i searched around for screen shots to confirm but could not find one with the Calendar App Icon.

again - i'm talking about the HTC Calendar App Icon - not a widget.

thanks!

The same thing is happening to me.

My alarm isn't working either.

It's just an Icon that so happened to have 15 on it.

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Yup. What he said. It is just a static picture of a calendar page, and the creator just happened to choose the 15th. Essentially really bad luck on your part to notice it on the day that was the 15th. That would be cool, but since it is just an icon/link and not a widget we are out of luck.

K--
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

what a coincidence!

thanks for confirming!
    ovE

The Pre calendar icon does change with the day, which i thought was an interesting touch.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

What I do is use the calendar widget. That gets updated,and then to launch the calendar, double tap the widget.

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

ovE yeah, man i miss that. some really simple, classic, sensical things on webos.

npark... sure, but double clicking? google really should understand there's something called usability.

If you use the smaller 1x4 calendar widget you only have to single tap the calendar icon to enter the app, and you get a updating date along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by npark View Post
    What I do is use the calendar widget. That gets updated,and then to launch the calendar, double tap the widget.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    ovE yeah, man i miss that. some really simple, classic, sensical things on webos.

npark... sure, but double clicking? google really should understand there's something called usability.
    No need to double tap. Single tap works fine for me. I've started using Jorte Calendar widget, btw. Instead of just showing the day (which I have in my notification bar), it shows a tiny list of my upcoming appointments. Much more useful. See the bottom right of the screen shot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calendar App Icon always at 15?-android-home-screen.jpg  
    Last edited by meyerweb; 06-22-2010 at 09:24 AM.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

use jorte...it's a free calendar and the widget and month vieew are amazing!