Low internal memory..newbie...

Physhstyx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok I know this is a problem with the EVO 4G but I have removed almost everything that I can possibly remove, and moved everything to thte SD card that can be moved. In short I only have 5 downloaded apps on my phone, 2 which are on the SD card the rest won't let me move them. I have deleted mail , contacts etc... no help.

Downloaded programs/ apps total 15 MB of space. What the heck is using up my memory?????

I have 395 MB used and 32MB free internal.....on the SD card I have 436 used and 7.0GB free.

What I have noticed is that the most of the memory usage is 268 MB allocated to mail? I can do nothing with this and when I delete all my mail this does not change.

2nd is dialer storage with 25 MB used. same issue , I can't do anything with this.

HELP...... what can I do? I am not a programmer but I am somewhat computer savy.

Larry :-\

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. Open your mail.....and switch from the inbox to the trash folder (should be the last folder listed). Empty it.

When you delete a mail on your phone, it goes there. I had tons of messages in there.

I also downloaded SD Maid. It cleared up almost a gig of storage.

Can't help you with the dialer storage.

Last edited:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You checked your trash folder? Different than your deleted folder.

Is there an easy way to empty the trash folder. I have to delete each one separately....:mad:
Ahh,I just searched the Gmail help. I had to go into my Gmail via the internet browser,to delete trash items as the mobile app does not gave this in the settings.:thumbup:
from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Last edited:

Physhstyx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Trash folder?

I am unable to find a trash folder? I have al kinds of mail folders but no trash folders. How would this be different from the deleted items folder?

Help Larry

Physhstyx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Emptied everything and still no avail? :-!
I even deleted everythin from my cooperate email and the 268MB never changes. Could it be that the mail program is using this much space?

Physhstyx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
268MB in mail DATA but when I go to applications it wont let me clear it. The button is Greyed out. I am thing of possibly throwing this phone out the window and getting another type. It's driving me crazy. It was agreat phone for a long time then this.

arrgggggg...

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Emptied everything and still no avail? :-!
I even deleted everythin from my cooperate email and the 268MB never changes. Could it be that the mail program is using this much space?

Is it the regular email app? I went to the folders (from within the email account on your phone, menu - folders) and scrolled all the way to the bottom and the trash folder is there (literally the last folder in the list).

When I emptied that (menu - select all - delete) I reclaimed all my space.

Maybe it's different on different email apps. Or maybe it's a different problem altogether. See my attached screenshot.

Last edited:

sjgmoney#AC

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I decided not to do it yet, I haven't had severe memory problems anyway, just annoying reminders that it's getting low.

The biggest culprit from what I can see (and read from others on this board) is the Mail app. I don't use it any longer, I deleted the accounts associated with it yet it still shows that it is using 50MB of data. I would think there would have to be a better way of deleting this wasted space than having to do a hard reset.

One thing I did clean up was the Contacts app. I went to google, cleaned up my contacts, eliminated duplicates etc then deleted the data from Contacts. Freed up 30 MB of smace but I didn't notice one thing missing from where I normally look up my contacts, the People app. So then I started looking to see if there was a separate People app in the storgae section and there was and it showed very small data usage, something in kb. Cleared that also and I now saw that all my contacts were gone so I then re-synched all my google contacts and I was back to normal. My question is, what and where was all the data that I deleted from the Contacts app?

tmont17

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is every time facebook and twitter updates the storage gets less. For some reason you can't move these apps to the SD. Ridiculous! You have to uninstall the updates.

I hope this works!

Tmont17

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is every time facebook and twitter updates the storage gets less. For some reason you can't move these apps to the SD. Ridiculous! You have to uninstall the updates.

I hope this works!

Tmont17

Facebook app is a serious memory hog. You may want to try using the mobile version of Facebook in the browser. It take less memory than the actual app. Try and move every app you can to SD card. Is your EVO rooted?