SIP Client

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone successfully using a sip client on their Evo? We have tried with not very good results and have been told it is a Sprint issue. If you are using one successfully, which sip client are you using...Sipdroid? Is Sipdroid the only android sip app?

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Try Fring. It has a SIP plugin. Mine is setup but not tested, so I can't vouch for it.

--------
Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause it WAS the droid I was looking for.

toiz

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Fring. Works great other than a little bit of lag. I wrote a short article about it here. There is a link to instructions on how to get it setup.

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
There are lots of SIP clients out there but the one which I prefer to use is the Orbtalk Softphone. It is very easy to use and you can have it registered to your PBX extension or SIP trunk in a matter of minutes. I find it great when I go to meetings as I can make calls as if I'm at my desk using a Wi-Fi, 4G or 3G connection. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to use SIP on their Android smartphone!

Jon Gess

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got the HTC ONE M8 and noticed it has a SIP feature right in the call settings. Does anyone know how to use and/or set this up? I signed up for getonsip.com and tried to use that but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon