Looking for EVO's? check wal-mart

twbtr

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
hey everyone, i just wanted to put this out there if anybody is having as much problems as i was getting my hands on an EVO, I live in a small town outside of louisville. Once i decided (mostly after reading posts from this forum) that i wanted a EVO, i started the search all over louisville, every sprint corp store, best buy, and radio shack was sold out, and most of those had multiple pages of waiting lists, I even checked the wal-mart stores in Louisville and they did not carry sprint. So anyway I gave up the search to pick one up and person and started checking the Sprint website religiously. (except for on the 12th when was boating all day, i heard they had them for 20 hours or something like that)

So last night i go to the local Wal-mart here, and what do ya know, they deal sprint and have 3 evos in stock, the manager told me they sold one the first day and havent sold one since.

So if anyone is in the market, dont forget the wal-marts, never wouldve have even thought about buying a phone there if i hadnt stumbled upon it.

Oh and by the way i'm sure you all will all hear plenty from me, I'm coming from a first gen instinct, new to android and i'm pretty much lost, still got a lot of tinkering to do, but i couldnt be happier with the phone so far, just got pdanet going and im enjoying internet at my house for the first time in years...

Take it easy everybody and thanks for all the input everyone puts in here, helped me a lot in choosing a phone and getting this tether set up.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Corydon perhaps. Lol. I called them yesterday for a friend and she said they'd had two for a week. Unbelievable. So much for my secret for my next phone. Lol.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Interestingly enough, I'd thought it was stupid to call Wal-Mart here in Springfield (considering there's multiple Sprint stores, Radioshacks, and a Best Buy) but what do ya know... Wal-Mart was sold out of their stock too. Weird.

Edit: I only called one. There's about 6 within 45-50miles... so who knows.

biscodude

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank You!! My buddy was trying to get one and was striking out everywhere. I suggested Walmart and they had some in stock!

edit: I think he ordered his online and they were in stock and for $18 they are going to overnight it to him.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the 18 dollars is an upgrade fee. Ordered mine today but got them to waive teh fee, and upgrade my account to weeks early. But i was ordering 2 so that might have swayed their decision. Just call in when you see it on your bill ;)

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
ouch. first gen instinct. i just gave mine to my gf cause she dropped hers and beat it up. i still felt bad for giving it to her even though she already had one. welcome to the family.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I was in a Walmart in Northeast Maryland last Friday and I asked the electronics cashier why they werent selling Sprint, she looked like I was of another world lol so they had no plans to sell Sprint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC