Anyone having heat issues?

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My phone has gotten really hot the past couple days just being in my pocket or sitting out indoors kinda maids me nervous I have also had the restarting problem I'm considering trading her in for a new one. Just curious if anyone else has had the heat issue.
Tia

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

tomh1102

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Have not noticed any excessive heat in mine except for when under heavy use. Although I did come from a palm pre which was like carrying a heat stone around all day.

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
yeah it gets hot around the battery and i can feel it on the front, most bottom middle kinda annoying, ill probly just exchange for a new one

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I do have hotter phone if i charging and using it at the same time, but i dont think it will heat up when it's not charging simultaneously.

ilivetowin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
yeah I traded my EVO back in, but yeah when I had it, it would get severely hot and that would cause significant battery loss I believe as well. And the weirdest part was it would heat up randomly while not being used in an hour, its not like I had any apps open either....

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It's responding to all of the love you feel for it. It makes its heart warm -- have you noticed it getting fuzzy? (get it? warm and fuzzy... get it?)

Seriously, are you overclocked? That'll heat things up.

Also there are some free apps to monitor temp and see if it IS running hot to the point of causing damage or shortening CPU life. I don't know about your device but my Moto Droid runs at around 95-100 degrees and I get concerned when it hits over 106. When that happens I just reboot and take a break (every other week, not very often).

It might just be warmer than previous phones and not causing any problems - download some free apps to monitor temp and ask here what the temp SHOULD be to see if it truly is running hot.

I noticed long phone calls seem to be the biggest heat inducing action. What does it for you?

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Its nothing qi can put my finger on just randomly gets hot it feels unnatural and no I'm not over clocked @I live Did you get another or trade in for another phone ?

nukedukem

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My EVO can get up to 45C while wifi tethering. It's normal for a phone to heat up while in use and it won't harm your phone.

Luckily for us, with all the bells and whistles packed into this phone, HTC included a heat sink and conveniently named it a "kickstand". Just pop that thing out and blow some air over it...

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else had this issue I checked the temp today and it got up to 109.5 f

That seems pretty damn hot.... I checked apps that are running and can't seem to figure out what's doing it I keep wifi on at home and at the office but no 4g or bt or gps turn wifi off when I'm out..... Think it's just defective I wouldn't be as worried if it wasn't just heating up when I was using it but it's doing it while sitting idle......I think I'll probably end up just taking it back I talked to my local rs they are going to call me when they get some more in. Until then just trying to figure out what the deal is.....

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
The only time I ran into it getting hot was when I plugged it into the car charger we have. It would get hot and STAY hot the both times I used it and unplugged it. Needless to say I won't be using that car charger anymore. Other than that, I haven't experienced any unusual heating issues ...

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My EVO got really hot today. 117 degrees F. The light started flashing amber and green. It was in an air conditioned car. I took it into RS and 10 minutes later it was still over 100 degrees. It felt really hot to the touch. Kinda weird.

naldiian

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, my EVO decided to try out the heat game yesterday for the first time. I wasn't using it or anything and it had been in my pocket (loose shorts pocket) for an hour at the mall and suddenly I noticed it felt warm in against my leg. I pulled it out and it was in normal screen-off mode with nothing special going on when I opened up task manager and looked at what was running.

I shut it off and pulled the battery to check if it was hot and it was cool to the touch. When I booted back up it was back to normal, and it hasn't happened again yet. As warm as it gets when running the 4G hotspot, this was much hotter, so I have no idea what it was doing.

DrAndroid

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Same Problem here

I had the same problem that lasted for a day and disappeared by itself. 2 charges lasted only 4-5 hours and ran VERY hot. I was told apps were the problem but I knew they weren't. I started to get slammed about it so I stopped commenting on it.

ilivetowin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Its nothing qi can put my finger on just randomly gets hot it feels unnatural and no I'm not over clocked @I live Did you get another or trade in for another phone ?

Traded it in for a Bold on Sprint...but ultimately, this Thursday Im going back to Iphone and getting an Iphone 4. Just really like Iphone much better then my EVO.

I believe you and I both had defective devices tho, I mean my battery was HORRIBLE. And I mainly blame the heating issues. I too was baffled how a phone, was locked, in my pocket in a cool room, with no apps running, and yet an hour later id pull it out and it was burning hot and my battery would go from full to basically depleted.

I would def. recommend swapping your EVO out for a new one. Most people here seem to say they get "16 hours" battery life on "heavy" usage. But I tended to get 3 hours or no usage when this heating issue popped up. And before that I only got 5 hours or so of moderate usage in before battery death.

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man thas what I thought ill exchange one as soon as they get some in

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk