White Evo at Best Buy?

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it will be available on July 11th. Maybe those who can't get one should preorder.

Well, bad thing is it is just over the 30 day period to return/exchange at BB. Good thing is that with Silver Premiere, we get 45 days - even on cell phones, so this should be interesting......

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
from the looks of the picture it looks like the battery cover is not the rubberized one the black one has currently.

That or it's been photoshopped to make it look shinny when it's not. I'm not all that interested in white, it gets dirtier faster and any nick or scratches are more noticeable.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I like the white. Seems like it will get dirty from grease easily. Also, it stands out too much for a phone that is already big.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Those of you have seen the pictures on engadget, does the back look like a glossy plastic to you? Isn't the back of the black evo a soft-touch finish? (I don't have an evo yet, though now I have options! White sure looks sexy, but I love black as well...)

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So now the question is if you got one from BB on launch day (6/4) how will it work out if you want to exchange it for the white one coming out ~37 days afterwards?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Those of you have seen the pictures on engadget, does the back look like a glossy plastic to you? Isn't the back of the black evo a soft-touch finish? (I don't have an evo yet, though now I have options! White sure looks sexy, but I love black as well...)

the black evo is a "soft" matted black cover. But i kinda like the candyshell white... although it reminds me too much of that iphone grandpa phone.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So now the question is if you got one from BB on launch day (6/4) how will it work out if you want to exchange it for the white one coming out ~37 days afterwards?

Doubtful. Knowing BB, they pushed it 37 days later for a reason. They won't do anything they won't capitalize on. Trust me on that!

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
all i know is if it's not the soft matted back cover, you are going to have finger prints all over it and it's going to be hard to hold the damn thing lol.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Doubtful. Knowing BB, they pushed it 37 days later for a reason. They won't do anything they won't capitalize on. Trust me on that!

Plus if I were them i wouldn't let people exchange their black ones for white ones. That's the cost of being a first time adapter, I would tell you just like this:

Sucks to be you lol

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I always liked my devices black, hence the reason why I have the new Xbox. Although shiny gets fingerprints a lot. I shall stick with the black Evo.