Anyone else watching the USA World Cup match on Sprint TV?

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Sitting at my desk watching the match live on Sprint TV/ESPN. Quality is very good. I have a nice 4G connection today.

I love this EVO!

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Glad that works well, always a good thing.

Remember that we are all allowed our opinion and I grew up in an American football town!
With that said soccer (football outside the US) is a lame sport! There I said it, yes I went there!!! i:Di

Sorry but why have two good hands only to not be allowed to use them? I mean that is just lame. Let them grab the ball and throw it at each other like dodge ball. Now THAT would make it exciting!! Tell me it would not be much better that way, trying to block it like dodge ball and throwing it back at each other REALLY hard. The action would be 1000 times better.

I think it is great to do casually but to be the biggest professional sport in the world, naaa.

The only reason it is so popular is it needs no setup or effort to play. Just have a ball and any field or lot etc... they could still be allowed to throw it.

Flame away!! i:Di

cstoli

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am still on 3G in Denver. I noticed that Sprint TV will not let me use WiFi, only cellular data connection. I have my Pre connected via 3G as well, and it looks much better than my Evo.

Last edited:

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
i can understan you don't like soccer, but the US world cup team (like the olympics) should command your support as an american. that's right -- i said it. you're un-patriotic. ;)

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
USA totally got robbed. That ref needs to be shot!
What's worse is that the guy refused to give any explanation for the disallowed goal. Worse than that, the replays show that 2 U.S. players were being held/fouled by the Slovenians.

Wonder how much that ref got paid.

Still lovin' my EVO... :cool:

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Really was an unacceptable call- especially considering two Americans were being fouled at the same time.

On an unrelated (to soccer) note: Why the hell can't you use SprintTV over wifi?

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Back to the EVO...gotta love that Freakin' kickstand! It makes watching video just so easy. Not sure if anyone else saw the giant 2 page ad in USA Today last week for the EVO. One of the "Firsts" was about the "Freakin' kickstand". It is very handy.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
:( I can't watch/listen at work because once I enter the office I totally lose reception. I have been using it at home when no one else will let me watch it on the big tv.

ljm42

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really was an unacceptable call- especially considering two Americans were being fouled at the same time.

On an unrelated (to soccer) note: Why the hell can't you use SprintTV over wifi?

100% speculation, but i'd bet it's some weird contract issue.

editing to add: the world cup is amazing, and yes that call was completely ridiculous!

vboyz103

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No I watched it on TV today, but I was at lunch earlier this week with bunch of coworkers and sat outside. I opened up Sprint TV and Brazil vs Korea was on and the quality was good on the 3g. Watched the entire second half without a single glitch. A coworker was impressed and he's an iphone lover. lol

HAIL to the EVO

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Soccer takes far more skill to play than most sports. It's far easier to compete in something using your hands than it is to use your feet, which is why soccer is more skillful. Amercian Footbal can suck it.

The thing I like about Soccer, at least in the US is that we have salary caps in the MLS. Like I was watching the Lakers/Celtics game last night...and Lakers win the NBA title. Who had the highest salary payroll? The Lakers. I understand that NBA has a salary cap to an extent, but you have one team, the Lakers spending almost $92 million, while the Pistons spent almost $44 million. To me, Soccer is the most interesting, and most balanced sport.

On a side note...Ties/Draws in soccer suck, and so do the refs.

Oh and also watched the game on my Evo...on 4g the picture is beautiful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084