Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else watching the USA World Cup match on Sprint TV?

Sitting at my desk watching the match live on Sprint TV/ESPN. Quality is very good. I have a nice 4G connection today.

I love this EVO!
    Thanked by:
    UTnick 

thanks for the heads up!

Glad that works well, always a good thing.

Remember that we are all allowed our opinion and I grew up in an American football town!
    With that said soccer (football outside the US) is a lame sport! There I said it, yes I went there!!! ii

Sorry but why have two good hands only to not be allowed to use them? I mean that is just lame. Let them grab the ball and throw it at each other like dodge ball. Now THAT would make it exciting!! Tell me it would not be much better that way, trying to block it like dodge ball and throwing it back at each other REALLY hard. The action would be 1000 times better.

I think it is great to do casually but to be the biggest professional sport in the world, naaa.

The only reason it is so popular is it needs no setup or effort to play. Just have a ball and any field or lot etc... they could still be allowed to throw it.

Flame away!! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

ROM
    Mean ROM

Unreal how well the live video works on 4G. There is absolutely no skipping at all, none.

Goona have to agree with Paladin.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I am still on 3G in Denver. I noticed that Sprint TV will not let me use WiFi, only cellular data connection. I have my Pre connected via 3G as well, and it looks much better than my Evo.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

USA totally got robbed. That ref needs to be shot!

i can understan you don't like soccer, but the US world cup team (like the olympics) should command your support as an american. that's right -- i said it. you're un-patriotic.

Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    What's worse is that the guy refused to give any explanation for the disallowed goal. Worse than that, the replays show that 2 U.S. players were being held/fouled by the Slovenians.

Wonder how much that ref got paid.

Still lovin' my EVO...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I agree! I can't wait to hear his explanation of why it wasn't a goal. But chances are we won't get an explanation.

I'm in Texas so there is really only 1 football.!

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

I thought for a second Jim Joyce was officiating that game with all those botched calls.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Really was an unacceptable call- especially considering two Americans were being fouled at the same time.

On an unrelated (to soccer) note: Why the hell can't you use SprintTV over wifi?

++1
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Back to the EVO...gotta love that Freakin' kickstand! It makes watching video just so easy. Not sure if anyone else saw the giant 2 page ad in USA Today last week for the EVO. One of the "Firsts" was about the "Freakin' kickstand". It is very handy.
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

Guys It's called football, why would they use their hands? Oh and that NFL junk sucks.

And yes I am an American.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
    I thought for a second Jim Joyce was officiating that game with all those botched calls.
    Hehe. At least Jim Joyce admitted he was wrong, I get the feeling this guy won't.

I can't watch/listen at work because once I enter the office I totally lose reception. I have been using it at home when no one else will let me watch it on the big tv.

Quote Originally Posted by mhespenh View Post
    Really was an unacceptable call- especially considering two Americans were being fouled at the same time.

On an unrelated (to soccer) note: Why the hell can't you use SprintTV over wifi?
    100% speculation, but i'd bet it's some weird contract issue.

editing to add: the world cup is amazing, and yes that call was completely ridiculous!

No I watched it on TV today, but I was at lunch earlier this week with bunch of coworkers and sat outside. I opened up Sprint TV and Brazil vs Korea was on and the quality was good on the 3g. Watched the entire second half without a single glitch. A coworker was impressed and he's an iphone lover. lol

HAIL to the EVO

Soccer takes far more skill to play than most sports. It's far easier to compete in something using your hands than it is to use your feet, which is why soccer is more skillful. Amercian Footbal can suck it.

The thing I like about Soccer, at least in the US is that we have salary caps in the MLS. Like I was watching the Lakers/Celtics game last night...and Lakers win the NBA title. Who had the highest salary payroll? The Lakers. I understand that NBA has a salary cap to an extent, but you have one team, the Lakers spending almost $92 million, while the Pistons spent almost $44 million. To me, Soccer is the most interesting, and most balanced sport.

On a side note...Ties/Draws in soccer suck, and so do the refs.

Oh and also watched the game on my Evo...on 4g the picture is beautiful.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by mhespenh View Post

my guess would be that if they let you watch it outside of Sprint's network, someone would figure out how to use it from a computer, or other phone on another network by writing a program that imitated a sprint phone. The way it is now, if you are on Sprint's network they KNOW you are a customer.

ROM
    MikG/Synergy

Had the EVO rolling today with the game on and a group of coworkers gathered around my desk watching.....so cool.... GO USA and go EVO!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanxu View Post
    Had the EVO rolling today with the game on and a group of coworkers gathered around my desk watching.....so cool.... GO USA and go EVO!
    Same here. Then they go off to their offices and when I woul make a noise they would come running back to see what happened. They were all impressed with the EVO. One guy has Sprint and said he may go get one now.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

It's perfect for the beach!

Quote Originally Posted by badbradd2 View Post
    Soccer takes far more skill to play than most sports. It's far easier to compete in something using your hands than it is to use your feet, which is why soccer is more skillful. Amercian Footbal can suck it.
    Said by someone who like the sport that doesn't use thier hands. We will have to disagree here. ii

Quote Originally Posted by badbradd2 View Post
    The thing I like about Soccer, at least in the US is that we have salary caps in the MLS. Like I was watching the Lakers/Celtics game last night...and Lakers win the NBA title. Who had the highest salary payroll? The Lakers. I understand that NBA has a salary cap to an extent, but you have one team, the Lakers spending almost $92 million, while the Pistons spent almost $44 million. To me, Soccer is the most interesting, and most balanced sport.
    The NBA, which I hate, is not a good example but I agree with you on salery caps. That is one reason I like American football and hockey, they have caps, keeps the playing field level, pun intended. ii

My baseball team sucks arse because they don't have any money to put in and New York basically buys their championships every year they win.

BTW guys did you see the app in the market for the World Cup?
    World Cup 2010 - FotMob - Android app on AppBrain

BTW it is all good, we all like different things. I don't like many sports that others do. I think Golf, Tennis and Nascar are boring as hell! That is why we have many sports! ii

I am glad Soccar exists though. If it didn't we would not have SMILF'S. (You figure it out) ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks