FYI - How to take a screenshot on the EVO

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
1) Search the market for an app called "ShootMe".

2) It will say for "rooted" devices only. Ignore this, it works just fine on the EVO without doing anything special.

3) Download and install it.

4) Tap the icon and click "Accept" and then click "Hide".

5) Shake your phone to take a screenshot, you'll hear the shutter sound. The picture is saved to your phone.

6) Tap the ShootMe icon again and select "Quit" to exit the program.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yup,
There's another way with the sdk installed (no root either). Fire up DDMS and select device, take screen shot. You can save it to your computer.

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think most everyone knows this by now...
Nah!!!! Don't forget some of us are NEW to Android with this Evo and actually read forums to find out this kind of stuff!!

So I got it, tried it, and it says I can find the shot on the SD card under ShootMe. I know how to get there with the Evo attached to the computer, but how do I view this on the phone?

Last edited:

ksuwald

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I had no clue until I read this thread.... I love how some just think everyone should know how to do something because they knew how.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Nah!!!! Don't forget some of us are NEW to Android with this Evo and actually read forums to find out this kind of stuff!!

So I got it, tried it, and it says I can find the shot on the SD card under ShootMe. I know how to get there with the Evo attached to the computer, but how do I view this on the phone?

Me too, but I've been reading the forums for over a month now, and have seen this app mentioned sooo many times.

But I'm not one to get mad at double posting, just stating what i thought was obvious.

For your question...its in your Photo Gallery, or you could use a file browser like Astro.

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Me too, but I've been reading the forums for over a month now, and have seen this app mentioned sooo many times.
I've only been reading about a week!! You're an old pro now:)
For your question...its in your Photo Gallery, or you could use a file browser like Astro.
So another newbie question... where's the Photo Gallery? I'm in the camera, it's not part of the ones shown there. As far as Astro (just got it and it works great, thanks.), does this mean there isn't a file manager as part of what comes with the phone?

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've only been reading about a week!! You're an old pro now:)So another newbie question... where's the Photo Gallery? I'm in the camera, it's not part of the ones shown there. As far as Astro (just got it and it works great, thanks.), does this mean there isn't a file manager as part of what comes with the phone?

2 ways to get to the Photo Gallery...From the camera screen click the bottom right icon to go to the photos taken page, then click the icon on the bottom left that looks like 3 lines, that takes you to the main Gallery.

Or just click the all apps button from the home screen (circle with an up triangle in it), and theres an app in there called Gallery.

And no, theres no real file manager on stock android.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So is it google or HTC that thinks screenshots are such a bad thing they don't allow them? You would think this would be a normal feature.

dgp2003

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know about this....Now there is no reason for me to know about it, since people say it doesn't work after the update.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah ShootMe broke after the update but ShootMe said your phone had to be rooted for it to work prior to the update. I guess we just got lucky that it worked for awhile.