HTC EVO 4G sold out online once again

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Tell me about it, when I first got it for my son who was a crackberry addict, i was actually surprised he made the jump said BB was boring, so when he should to him mother my wife said I love it got to get it, so when I was getting mine after a week of waiting i got her one, she was replacing her Moment said this thing is AWESOME, and she totally loves it, she starting to read E-Books on cause of the screen size. The only thing i wish HTC included was a flash drive like a 32gig size or 64 that would totally be great. But EVO is great anyways.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Insane is right. I wonder how many sales have been lost due to lack of supply. :p

Got to strike while the iron is hot! I hope they find the right balance of supply versus demand. Either way, it's good that Sprint found a winner.

I love mine.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is insane, great going HTC & SPRINT, about time, something good happens to Sprint. They are good company, my personal opinion.

HTC EVO 4G sold out online once again -- Engadget

Thanks to Engadget!!!!!

Every Walmart that carries Sprint has had at least 3 - 4 on the shelf in the State of TN, AL and Northern MS... I travel for a living and when I need basic every day use items I either run out of or left at home I hit up Wally World real quick and for the heck of it I walk over to Electronics and not once have they not had a few.... Unless they are not a Sprint store...

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Can't say my source or where at but a store sold 300 that weekend and has 100 plus... on a waiting list right now... to ease any of the possibilities of distrust, all I can say it is not my area but do have connections at different parts of the country

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You have to just keep checking back. They had them for 70 minutes a week ago before they sold out again.

I don't think that Sprint had any idea how huge EVO would be. All our local stores are still on wait lists.

rpmorri#CB

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is absolutely incompetent when it comes to estimating demand for new handsets. It happened 12 months ago with the Tour, it's happening again right now.

kyoon19

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am very frustrated. Can't find any evo in stock! It's not like A LOT of ppl want it. I haven't seen any evos in public and none of my friends know about it. It's not Apple...How can they be sold out everywhere forever??? Sprint knows that iphone 4 is coming out soon right? They should sell as many as evos before iphone 4 comes out imho.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd guess htc manufacturing is limited. Palm was doing 15K units a day. If htc is, that's only 500K a month. HTC makes a lot of phone models, which probably impact each other.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is absolutely incompetent when it comes to estimating demand for new handsets. It happened 12 months ago with the Tour, it's happening again right now.

It's more HTC than Sprint.... They can't meet demand.... The Droid Incredible is out of stock as well (Another HTC handset) the Nexus One even only being able to buy it directly from Google ran out of stock at one point. HTC makes a ton of handsets and one page I read said that HTC wasn't able to get all the components in stock to keep up with Demand since most of their smart phones use a lot of the same parts...

Again check out Walmart. I was in the Walmart here in Nashville, TN and they had 3 just last night.

Your not going to see as many EVO's or Incredible's as you see iPhones... First off the iPhone is the only phone Apple makes and they have been pushing them out since 2007 (My sister still uses her original 2G iPhone going on 3 years now) The original iPhone, the 3G and the 3GS all look identical for the most part and even the iPhone 4 (Specially once thrown in a case) isn't going to look much different than the other 3 models of phones. I have only seen a few EVO's "Out in the Wild" My guess would be around the 400,000 - 500,000 sold in the first month.... Outside of the iPhone that is a LOT of phones people...

It's not like Google with Android ONLY puts out HTC phones and then HTC ONLY makes one model phone. HTC alone makes several Android phones that can be had on multiple networks, Then Motorola has their Android stable, Samsung? The same. I would be willing to take a wild guess and say the Number of Droid Incredible's and EVO 4G's will be close to the number of iPhone 4's sold in the first month....