NES,SNES,GBA emulators

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Im a big fan of emulators for old school game consoles like the Nintendo and Super Nintendo and after cruising through the Android market I noticed theres quite a few available for Android phones. Im wanting to try them, but before I do Im curious if anyone here has tried any on their EVOs and if so which ones do you recommend? Also, is it even possible to play these emulators on a touch screen phone like an EVO or Nexus One? I see alot of videos on Youtube of people using emulators on the Droid but that has an actual keypad.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The -oid emulators are the best, really.

As for touchscreen, get the free versions and try playing on the touchscreen yourself. Some people are fine with it, some people can't stand it. It's never going to be as good as physical buttons, but for some games it's fine (particularly games that don't require precise timing, like RPGs). Just remember to turn on the Virtual Controls in the settings, or else you can't do anything but watch. :p

ap3604

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Im a big fan of emulators for old school game consoles like the Nintendo and Super Nintendo and after cruising through the Android market I noticed theres quite a few available for Android phones. Im wanting to try them, but before I do Im curious if anyone here has tried any on their EVOs and if so which ones do you recommend? Also, is it even possible to play these emulators on a touch screen phone like an EVO or Nexus One? I see alot of videos on Youtube of people using emulators on the Droid but that has an actual keypad.

Emulators are useless without a physical controller...

Get the free wiimote controller app. It has totally changed my emulator experience for the better! Its like night and day how much I enjoy my phone now =)

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The -oid emulators are the best, really.

As for touchscreen, get the free versions and try playing on the touchscreen yourself. Some people are fine with it, some people can't stand it. It's never going to be as good as physical buttons, but for some games it's fine (particularly games that don't require precise timing, like RPGs). Just remember to turn on the Virtual Controls in the settings, or else you can't do anything but watch. :p

Thats totally ok with me, all I ever really play on emulators are old school RPGS like final fantasy and earthbound. I was just curious if the emulators even worked at all on touchscreens but it sounds like they do.

edit: Does your phone need to be rooted for emulators to work?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Nope, GameBoid is the best app for what you're looking for. Good amount of RPGs that don't need the timing.

Just remember after you download GameBoid, you have to google search "gba_bois.bin" and download it, its like 16kb file, why the app doesn't come with it, I dunno lol

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Nope, GameBoid is the best app for what you're looking for. Good amount of RPGs that don't need the timing.

Just remember after you download GameBoid, you have to google search "gba_bois.bin" and download it, its like 16kb file, why the app doesn't come with it, I dunno lol

In game clock works now =) I dont know if its all good with save states, check the dev's notes/site for gameboid. Hands down the best one i;ve used.

However no gameshark

grizzlyaddams

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

File is not distributed with the emulator because while emulators are perfectly legal, dumped copies of the bios are not, just like roms.

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Nesoid and Snesoid and I think they are great. Once you train your finger where to touch the rpg's are as easy as having real buttons.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea no I Found them...

Oddly the Site I used to Use for my emulator on Ubuntu didnt work for my Evo...

I'm Cruisin around the Circuits on the Evo now Very Happy

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Is choppy/distorted sound something you have to live with for emulation on Android? The distorted music can be quite annoying, but at the same time I don't want to play with the sound turned off. I hope in a future update this issue can be fixed, but I am wondering if it is even possible to get good sound via emulation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech