HELP "Rooted" EVO !!!!!

ar3ohdee

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
OK,

So I rooted my EVO (PC36IMG.Zip), and loaded FrOyO-EVO-TeSt2-signed ROM onto the recovery mode (this took a couple tries with WIN 7)... Finally it worked and I was running Froyo (kind of, lol), BUT I noticed the "Roaming" triangle up top... SO, afraid of "crazy roaming charges" from sprint, I decided to "re-root" PC36IMG.Zip, and then "un-root" back to regular EVO, WHICH IS WHEN TROUBLE STRUCK... While on the white screen (with colorful writing, and droids along the bottom) during the PC36IMG.zip update, on stage 8, or 9 the first TP says "bypassed" then everything continued as normal... VERY IMPORTANT: I am almost positive when I watched this before, it DID NOT DO THIS!! THIS IS THE ONLY THING I NOTICED THAT SEEMED DIFFERENT... NOW my phone booted up as normal AFTER the PC36IMG.Zip update, BUT it does not recognize my SD card... YES it still works (on my computer), YES I tried others (in the phone), AND YES THE PHONES SD CARD READER STILL WORKS because when i RE-RAN the PC36IMG.Zip again, the phone see's it on the card.... I CAN ALSO NO LONGER Boot into recovery mode as the phone does NOT recognize when the USB cable is plugged into the Computer, and ONLY CHARGES (no more questions about "share internet, charge only, mount disk, ETC, Etc, etc)... SO I KNOW this is a "Fixable" software issure, but dont know how to fix it.... Tried EVERYTHING under the sun, and cant get it back.... I loaded EVERY Rom I have seen, re-named them to "update.zip" (yes the correct one, no zip.zip), re-named them "PC36IMG.zip", I cant download anything TO THE PHONE as it thinks there is NO SD CARD there, I cant boot into recovery to flash because it will not recognize the usb to computer action when I plug it in, IT IS AS IF THE SD CARD IS PERMANENTLY UN-MOUNTED FROM the phone making it so there is NO other option when plugged in but CHARGE.... I have been around since the HTC 6700 Roms, Flashed my Omnia i910, rooted my Moto Droid, I HAVE SEEN A LOT (including BRICKS), BUT NEVER THIS !!!! I need the best of the BEST, ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!!!

-Ar3ohdee, and the Un-Happy EVO :(

ar3ohdee

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This is the error I keep getting...

C:\Users\Ar3ohdee>fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
OK,

So I rooted my EVO (PC36IMG.Zip), and loaded FrOyO-EVO-TeSt2-signed ROM onto the recovery mode (this took a couple tries with WIN 7)... Finally it worked and I was running Froyo (kind of, lol), BUT I noticed the "Roaming" triangle up top... SO, afraid of "crazy roaming charges" from sprint, I decided to "re-root" PC36IMG.Zip, and then "un-root" back to regular EVO, WHICH IS WHEN TROUBLE STRUCK... While on the white screen (with colorful writing, and droids along the bottom) during the PC36IMG.zip update, on stage 8, or 9 the first TP says "bypassed" then everything continued as normal... VERY IMPORTANT: I am almost positive when I watched this before, it DID NOT DO THIS!! THIS IS THE ONLY THING I NOTICED THAT SEEMED DIFFERENT... NOW my phone booted up as normal AFTER the PC36IMG.Zip update, BUT it does not recognize my SD card... YES it still works (on my computer), YES I tried others (in the phone), AND YES THE PHONES SD CARD READER STILL WORKS because when i RE-RAN the PC36IMG.Zip again, the phone see's it on the card.... I CAN ALSO NO LONGER Boot into recovery mode as the phone does NOT recognize when the USB cable is plugged into the Computer, and ONLY CHARGES (no more questions about "share internet, charge only, mount disk, ETC, Etc, etc)... SO I KNOW this is a "Fixable" software issure, but dont know how to fix it.... Tried EVERYTHING under the sun, and cant get it back.... I loaded EVERY Rom I have seen, re-named them to "update.zip" (yes the correct one, no zip.zip), re-named them "PC36IMG.zip", I cant download anything TO THE PHONE as it thinks there is NO SD CARD there, I cant boot into recovery to flash because it will not recognize the usb to computer action when I plug it in, IT IS AS IF THE SD CARD IS PERMANENTLY UN-MOUNTED FROM the phone making it so there is NO other option when plugged in but CHARGE.... I have been around since the HTC 6700 Roms, Flashed my Omnia i910, rooted my Moto Droid, I HAVE SEEN A LOT (including BRICKS), BUT NEVER THIS !!!! I need the best of the BEST, ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!!!

-Ar3ohdee, and the Un-Happy EVO :(

Were you sure to update the radio on the phone after you rooted? Also, did you unlock NAND?

I would follow this guide, not only to root the phone but to get used to how this works and what the different pieces of software do: [TUTORIAL] IDIOT-PROOF Root Guide! NAND Unlock and ADB Update!! - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton