1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voicemail Text Msg from 408-970-0000??

Every time I get a voicemail, I get an odd text message from 408-970-0000 - I've tried clicking the link and it just asks me if I have a new phone that doesn't accept SMS, I choose the "no" answer... what is this? and how do I get rid of it (short of banning texts from the short code)

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

are you using Google voice? If so, that is the number that was assigned to you by Google voice.

Googled the number....here is one forum about that number:

Quote Originally Posted by bnewt View Post
    Every time I get a voicemail, I get an odd text message from 408-970-0000 - I've tried clicking the link and it just asks me if I have a new phone that doesn't accept SMS, I choose the "no" answer... what is this? and how do I get rid of it (short of banning texts from the short code)
    if you are using google voice for your voice mail you have to actually login to the google voice site and go into your settings and turn off the sms and email notification after you do that you will only get one notification from the actual google voice app and thats it
    Thanked by:
    bnewt 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I *am* using Google Voice, but for a virtual line only. I had previously found that link - doesn't sound like anyone on it knows what it is really about. I guess I'll call Sprint Customer Service.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bdizzel1982 View Post
    if you are using google voice for your voice mail you have to actually login to the google voice site and go into your settings and turn off the sms and email notification after you do that you will only get one notification from the actual google voice app and thats it
    Thanks - that did indeed do the trick (well, actually, I left email notification on and it seems to be fine now). After the change, I tested it out and I still received the notification of the missed call and a notification of my Google Voice Voicemail - clicking on that opened the voicemail text message using the Google Voice app (complete with text transcription of the voicemail).

Default Re: Voicemail Text Msg from 408-970-0000??

found the solution at a sprint forum, try it out.

Having VVM issues (getting a text from 9016, and you use Handcent)?
    Thanked by:

Are you using GoSMSPro? I get the same SMS but only once I installed GoSMSPro.

it's Sprint's Visual Voicemail Delivery Number. they deliver the VVM via text/SMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    it's Sprint's Visual Voicemail Delivery Number. they deliver the VVM via text/SMS.
    We're having the problem too. Google Voice but only as a forwarded number. We're getting no voice mail in the regular voice mail app. Text message shows up from 9016 asking for us to dial the 408 970 0000 number. We did NOT sign up for Visual Voice Mail, Voicemail to Text, Google Voicemail/Sprint integration, NOTHING.

Yet all of sudden starting today we started getting only texts to inform us of voicemail. I checked the voicemail account

Did a battery pull just in case.

How do I kill this damn thing off and go back to regular voicemails?

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

OMG, thank you for the Sprint Forum link Lukengruven. As usual Sprints tech's were clueless, but I found your suggestion and fixed the problem. Tech acted like a hero, cause his "update profile" suggestion worked...

First time poster..this is exactly what the solution was to my problem..I upgraded to the newest version of Handcent.. Thanks a bunch..wish i could buy a round for you..

Quote Originally Posted by firedroidguy View Post
    Are you using GoSMSPro? I get the same SMS but only once I installed GoSMSPro.
    It happened to me with GoSMSPro too. The method described at the Sprint Community link indicted in the earlier post fixed it for me. I believe the last update to GoSMSPro is what started the problem on my EVO.

--ryan

Default Voicemail Text Msg from 408-970-0000

Interesting. I see above a post asking "Are you using GoSMSPro? I get the same SMS but only once I installed GoSMSPro." Sure enough, I have this on my phone. Just deleted it and expect it will solve the problem. The texting was a nightmare. from 408-970-0000 was a nightmare. Good luck.

Am having an issue when I send SMS voice mails outside Sprint or to Sprint user w/o visual voice mail.
    Recipient receives a text to call 408-970-000 to get my voice mail. They used to be able to hear my voice mail then, but now the number is busies out all the time.
    Sprint techs say my voice mails should go through regularly and not come through as text to call 408 number.
    Does anyone understand what's going on?
    thanks,

I am not subscribing to Sprint's Visual Voice Mail. I occasionally receive a text (see attached screen grab) that I have received a voice mail (which shouldn't be the case for the last notice as my phone was a foot from me and getting 4-5 bars).

Upon calling the number from my cell phone, an automated voice asked if I had a handset capable of receiving text messages. If no, press "1" and if yes, press "2".

I pressed "2". The automated voice informed me that voice mails would continue to be sent to my handset and hung up.

So... how am I supposed to check voice mails without signing up for Visual Voice Mail?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Voicemail Text Msg from 408-970-0000??-gosms1397196386886.jpg