Evo Tips And Tricks

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is strictly a baby droid question ... When looking up most of the how to for my EVO am I looking up questions about ANDROID itself or does each phone have a boat load of features that the others dont have. I see some posts of Tips and Tricks for other android devices but not to many for the EVO ... Is that because they work on all the devices across the board. If not can we start a specific tips and tricks for the EVO and or maybe for certain apps for the EVO ... I find alot of new features like laying the phone face down to auto turn the ringer off ... little things like that are great to know ... and that long pressing just about anything may pop up another group of options as well as pressing the menu button on EVERY different screen ... Any responses are greatly appreciated.:confused:

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
They all work across the board.

HTC phones are a tiny bit different, so they may have tips and tricks of their own.
Like pinching in on the homescreen brings all your homescreens into view. Pinch out on a homescreen to zoom in.

But otherwise, things that work on the Incredible work on the Evo... etc.
There are probably tips and tricks for HDMI stuff and 720p recording that no other phones have right now... but soon Evo won't be the only ones to have that feature.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As I find them in other threads, I will post them here. Here is one:

How do you insure your phone knows about all the new cell sites?
PRL = Preferred Roaming List. It's basically a list of cell towers.
Check your PRL: Settings > About Phone > Software Information
Update your PRL: Settings > System Updates > Update PRL

Last edited:

J_Bone

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I find alot of new features like laying the phone face down to auto turn the ringer off ...

Great thread! As a nervous noob, coming from a Pre, Android and HTC phone are both new to me. The face down thing is worth the price of admission by itself.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If you take the time to read the manual or at least breeze through it you would have found that mute option there also a little exploring and trial and error would've help too!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If you take the time to read the manual or at least breeze through it you would have found that mute option there also a little exploring and trial and error would've help too!

I have had my EVO since day one and I just read the Manual today ... lol ... I just thought that a single place to find and post these lil treasures would be ideal as it is populated and expanded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol