Please Help!: Problem with replacing phone on 30 day warranty

gr2gztch

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Update: I talked to the store manager and he told me the only thing he could do is hope that more inventory comes in. I asked him to give me the number of a higher up so I called the number. I told the woman that I felt like I was being hosed because they didn't have inventory. She told me I could A)Send in the phone for repair (not a good option because I don't have a land line), B) Hope they get inventory in, or C) Return the phone.

Exactly what do I need to do or say to get this resolved? Who do I need to talk to? The clock's running out on this one.

I don't want to, but I may have to return my phone and buy one from Sprint.

I have to say this is some bs they are giving you. I went last week trying to get a manager to so?cme how get me a replacement phone. He took my number down and said he would call me if he gets one. This was last thursday and I was looking online yesterday. A few people that were radio shack managers mentioned a "wireless feedback" button that managers have access to. Basically they type in your receipt number into this system and it goes to corporate and they get a replacement from the warehouse. I went back today and the manager had no clue about this wireless feedback so I made him call the district manager and he told how to do it. I have a confirmation as well. If they are giving you a hard time they must be misinformed.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It dosen't matter if there is a shortage or not.

you have 30 calendar days to return the phone or exchange it for a NEW device in box

The reason why: Sprint wont pay the retailer the refund/credit they paid on the phone after that if any phones are returned past the activation date.

After 30 days you can ask sprint to mail your phone via advanced exchange, but there will prob be weeks of waiting there, you better hope too the phone has no water damage or direct damage or else they will charge you retail for the refurbished phone they mailed you.

Even if u device swap for a moment temporarily the 30days starts when your contract starts ( or is resigned)

The only way past this is going through sprint retentions and sprint NSS via phone. Your local radio shack and best buy and non corporate sprint stores are going to say "sorry".

If you have to cancel within your 30 days, lose your number then reactivate when they come in stock if you want an evo that bad you might have to. Sucks but the only way around it is account notations from higher ups..and remember the indirect stores cant do ANYTHING about it..

Just hope and pray youll get replenishment within 30 days. And like sprintgirl said yes they do ship weekly.. you have to remember the chain of command as far as allocation goes..

Corporate/Telesales/Business-> Corporate Sprint Stores large markets-> Sprint Preferred Retailers-> Radioshack/Best Buy-> Non preferred Dealers-> Independent dealers

ANd of course this all depends on the company, retailer, and the market share.

Oh.. and supply and demand

Last edited:

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
If they are giving you a hard time they must be misinformed.

A sad but true fact.. most mobile salespeople are misinformed. The position itself has extremely high turnover. ( think used car salesmen, or McDonalds) It honestly takes a good 3-4 months of solid experience to absorb everything and they rely on heresay and pass it to customers.

Sales in cellular is a make it or break it business, if you arent pushing your numbers every month they will replace you with someone else that will.

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
Do you work at a Sprint store or Radio Shack or what?

3rd Party Preferred Sprint Retailer

I don't know where they start the 30 day period over when you exchange your phone, I've never heard that one before and on an exchange the contract is not re-signed...at our place you get 1 [ONE] exchange within your 30 days, if it's on the 10th day you have 20 days to return still but it does not start over and you do not get another exchange.

Best advice is...yes, Sprint can make you eligible for an upgrade if you explain the problem you are having at the location and let them know you will be returning the phone and going to another location to get your phone. I have had to do this for RS customers several times due to issues with their inventory. However, do not cancel and then get a new line...that is "false churn" it basically looks like we are losing customers and gaining new ones but is not actually the case.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:

thewaterballoonist

May 5, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I just talked to someone at a Radio Shack who knows what she's doing! If you've been getting the same run-around I was, you should try another RS location. The woman said she'd do a feedback for me and a new handset should arrive in a few days!