Should I return the EVO now, and then buy it again once issues get fixed?

Hannoo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So I have been wondering, HTC's next EVO hardware batches will probably have the grounding and screen separation issue get fixed, and probably other fixes as well for Wifi...etc

My EVO has minimal separation, may be 1/4 mm movement, slight light leakage under the 4 buttons but I don't care, also it has minimal grounding issue (it is there but I only get choppy touch sensitivity, not total unresponsiveness)...my EVO is hardware 002

My battery life is excellent, get 16+ hours on single charge.

The thing is, I will feel that I didn't get what I paid for:eek:, I am afraid to wait after 30 days, and then it will be harder to get one of the newer EVOs with no issues, and I am scared that the screen separation will get worse on my phone.

Also thinking about Droid X, because the screen lag and 30 fps cap is also bothering me, I feel that I was deceived :mad:, and still no one can confirm if there will be a fix or not from HTC.

I hate to leave Sprint, I like the service and be able to upgrade my phone every year (premiere customer)...

What should I do?????? help...I can't decide :(:(

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
So I have been wondering, HTC's next EVO hardware batches will probably have the grounding and screen separation issue get fixed, and probably other fixes as well for Wifi...etc

My EVO has minimal separation, may be 1/4 mm movement, slight light leakage under the 4 buttons but I don't care, also it has minimal grounding issue (it is there but I only get choppy touch sensitivity, not total unresponsiveness)...my EVO is hardware 002

My battery life is excellent, get 16+ hours on single charge.

The thing is, I will feel that I didn't get what I paid for:eek:, I am afraid to wait after 30 days, and then it will be harder to get one of the newer EVOs with no issues, and I am scared that the screen separation will get worse on my phone.

Also thinking about Droid X, because the screen lag and 30 fps cap is also bothering me, I feel that I was deceived :mad:, and still no one can confirm if there will be a fix or not from HTC.

I hate to leave Sprint, I like the service and be able to upgrade my phone every year (premiere customer)...

What should I do?????? help...I can't decide :(:(

Decide which of the two bolded sections is more important to you and you will have your answer. OR flip a coin.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
30 frames 2nd is normal TV frame rates and only you know the answer to your own question I can't help you decide. Do what you got to do for you!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Take a step back and breathe.

If any of the things you are concerned about become a legitimate issue, they will be covered as a manufacturers defect and you can get yourself a brand new phone to replace it.

In this day and age, any advanced smartphone you buy is going to have some issues, especially if you buy one from the first batch. If you take this mentality, you're going to have a different phone every two weeks as inevitably there will be some minor problem somewhere.

CP4

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I think there needs to be a balance between demanding one gets what he pays for and understanding everything has some kind of flaw.

Honestly, I'm still waiting on the perfect, flawless phone. Or TV. Or Car. Or ... you get the point.

There's a reason why we have so many choices -- partly because there isn't that singular, all-encompassing device that cannot be beat.

You've listed a few concerns with the EVO, some of which are legitimate and others (you'd probably admit) of the nit-pick variety, which is perfectly fine. It's your money and you have the right to nit pick.

Maybe swapping in the EVO is the right choice, but make sure you think of the positives you'd miss about the phone before swapping. Maybe there's a few things you'd rather the phone did better -- but how many things do you love about the phone (or about Sprint for that matter) that you wouldn't be able to get with another phone?

If you find there aren't many pros that can't be matched by another phone, well then you might have your answer -- unless, that is, you come to discover similar flaws in your next phone.

Probably not much of a help, but those are my two cents.

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
No phone is perfect and it is the responsibility of the sales person and media to set the proper expectation for your device. If you have a smart phone it will probably freeze and lag once in a while etc. It is a TINY computer! These devices are SO amazing now days. I wouldn't get all hype just because the Droid X "claims to be perfect" (<-not really-but we all believe what we choose to) It would be very, very sad if you left Sprint to pay more every month to the competition. Especially when you have to wait extra long for your upgrades. The choice is yours but you have TEP and a manufacturer warranty to fall back on if you experience problems with your EVO. I don't believe 100% of these devices are affected by these issues either. I have had mine since launch and I have no problems except for a minor occasional SD error annoyance. All I can say is seriously consider your decision and if you leave Sprint and regret it you can always port your number right back where it came from! Good luck! :)