What's left to do here?

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
So far this phone has lasted close to six months. I hated battery life so I got an extended, works beautifully. Random shutoff and boot up errors such as the LED flashing without reason. Radios all shutting off requiring reboot. Phone randomly pressing in areas as if I were pressing there. It has a few other defects as well but the bottom line is I'm done dealing with it all. My contract is not up or close. If I throw the stock battery back in and take it to sprint, with the insurance, what would your best bet be about them giving me something else? Since this isn't in production and I've seen a few threads about issues getting 3d's due to defective phones, what would you guys think they would tell me? Or would it come down to outright buying a new phone?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

jebjr

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Claimed insurance on my EVO 4G through asurance they sent me a referbed white 3d,wish I had my evo 4G back,have had nothing but problems with the 3d

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
In my personal experience...every single time...and I mean every time...I have a evo3d that is given back to me because it is boot looping, or won't turn on...every single time, when I pop the battery out the first thing I see is a refurb sticker, almost always the date is less than six months old...And they all come from resellers(they got it back from a refurb or from insurance and the phone never worked right, so they sold it)...

I would never buy or take possession of a refurbed evo3d(or any refurbed evo from sprint)..the phone will never work right(in my experience at least).

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
At this point I'm just done dealing with the customer service people at my local store. I'm a brand new type of person. Refurbished or used will never do for me. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and pay retail for a new ltevo

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

jebjr

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Contract states that you may get a referbed phone,I am going to cancel my insurance

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

audiman2001

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yea that's he one thing that sucks with sprint is if you do have issues with your phone they just give you a refurbished version... this is my 4th 4g cause I had issues from the first one I bought but they would never let me get something else.... :(
But now that I'm rooted and running a new OS its not all that bad
Sent from my evo 4g running JB

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I would root but I'm on my parents plan and if I were to mess it up I just don't have the money to buy a new phone outright. Just paying for my part of the bill and gas+insurance is hard enough right now.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

quantum_futurist

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you follow step by step instructions, you can't mess it up.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Yeah, I would suggest trying to root it then flash a custom ROM and see if the issue goes away before attempting to purchase a new phone.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge