2nd battery or larger battery?

crazy_vag

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
What do people recommend for more battery capacity:

1) Get a 2nd OEM battery and swap it out if needed.
2) Wait for the larger capacity battery with the special back cover.

I know that 3rd party larger capacities are overrated, but in the end, they still provide more juice than option #1.

Throughts? What would you choose and why?

-Martin

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I would go with the larger 2nd battery. For day to day use it will last longer, and you still have the OEM for a backup or during heavy usage times.

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I used to have an extended length oem battery once, and tho it provided the life, the hassles that came with it, i.e. awkwardness of holding it (not flat), slightly heavier, more expensive, and no 3rd party cases would fit it.
Thus, I now have an extra oem bat & charger for my droid that I found on ebay for a great deal & it works great for those heavy use/extended periods w/o a charger.
P.s. I generally wouldn't trust any non oem batteries for the simple fact that you don't want to risk getting one with some off voltage rating or screwed on an overrated capacity. But then again, that's jus my few cents...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
IMO Id say a second oem battery is a better option, its shown that most aftermarket batteries are overrated capacity wise as well as over priced

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Then again, you can get up to 6 aftermarket batteries for the price of one OEM. The OEM batteries may be a bit better, but they're horribly overpriced. I got the same 2 batteries and charger that Tim refers to in post #4. I just got them yesterday, so no real opinion yet, but at 1/3 the price of the OEM for 2 batteries and a charger, it's hard to be too critical.

Battery technology isn't rocket science. The OEM batteries are made in China, too. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if these ebay batteries don't walk out the back door of the same factory that makes batteries for the big names.

In my opinion, though, any aftermarket battery is a better choice than a big, bulky aftermarket battery that will probably make the phone harder to hold, unbalanced, and limit compatibiltiy with cases, cradles, etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress