06-22-2010 09:32 AM
- 06-22-2010 07:55 AM
- I installed it. I also have ShapeWriter, but swype keeps telling me I have a "version of swype for a different device" so I gave up and stuck with ShapeWriter. I'm finding that I'm faster and more accurate with the regular touch input and auto correct anyway, but it's fun to show off!
Sent from my rockin' Evo.06-22-2010 08:01 AM
- I would try to reinstall it, it's not that hard to get it to work, the first time i installed it i rushed the install because i was so excited that i didn't install it properlly.
On your home screen click MENU/ Settings
Under Text Settings, Make sure SWYPE has a checkmark next to it. (if you don't see swype here it did not install properlly)
Go to text messages click on any existing convo just for testing. On the bottom click on tap to compose. This should bring up the keyboard, now in the area above the keyboard it says Tap to compose, now click and hold this area for 2 seconds. You will see: INPUT METHOD click on this and make sure Swype has a green dot next to it.
once you've done this you should be good to go.06-22-2010 08:38 AM
- hmm. the email address that you gave them, is that an email address that you have access to on your EVO? If so try to access that email again and click on the download link through the evo and redownload swype installer or you could go to swype and log in and have them resend you the email.06-22-2010 08:55 AM
- 06-22-2010 08:55 AM
- Nevermind I found the answer on the Swype FAQ - I click the link in my activation email to download Swype, but I'm told that my phone is not an Android device, even though it is! What do I do?
This message means that you may have your brower in "desktop mode", or are using something other than the Android default browser (like Skyfire or Opera Mini). To turn the Mobile View setting back on in the Android browser - Open your browser settings (click menu > more > settings) and locate the option for "Mobile view." Click the checkmark next Mobile View if it is unchecked and retry the download link from your email. If the setting is enabled and you are still getting this error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org 09:25 AM
- This should fix most of everyone's problems.
Swype | Text Input for Screens
Advanced: I receive one of the following errors when I try to install Swype:
1) Registration of the License Failed
2) Swype is already installed. Please uninstall Swype and try again.
3) Swype is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality.
4) You do not have the necessary permissions to install Swype or
5) The ID of this of this phone does not match your registration at beta.swype.com
These errors are often shown when the Swype installer is terminated prematurely by the Android OS system activity manager as it tries to reclaim resources. Regardless of the cause, these steps should resolve the issue:
Uninstall both Swype and SwypeInstaller from your device - detailed directions here
Reboot your device
Close as many widgets from your desktop as possible
Download the SwypeInstaller
Use a task-manager to kill all non-essential running apps
(If you are not familiar with the task-manager, you can skip this, but you may see the error again)
Install and run the SwypeInstaller06-22-2010 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD